Verbal Abuse In Online Poker

M

myxiplx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but for some reason Empire Poker asterisk's out the word full... Yup, every time you say full house it's shown as "**** house".

Genius!

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah but for some reason Empire Poker asterisk's out the word full... Yup, every time you say full house it's shown as "**** house".

Genius!
That might be the word that was censored out at Costadelpoker - I know it was something totally innocent like that (someone said it was because it was a 4 letter word, but I pointed out that word was also a 4 letter word!). I know Costadelpoker (and some others) also censor other poker site names (off thread slightly!).

Bombjack

Bombjack

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Empire and Party are one and the same... Party's language filter is ridiculous, although I suppose it's better than having none at all. "Full", "Tilt", and "Stars" are all swear words according to them... go figure. It also filters out terms in the middle of words, e.g. "auspicious" goes to "au****ious". I've emailed them about it but to no avail so far.

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love a moron with a keyboard. It gets my creative juices flowing on how to insult a guy's mentality while he's trying to spout off at you. And as it was pointed out before it really helps to put someone on tilt if you keep on topping theicomments to you. I have added to my chips many times from players like that.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Empire and Party are one and the same... Party's language filter is ridiculous, although I suppose it's better than having none at all. "Full", "Tilt", and "Stars" are all swear words according to them... go figure. It also filters out terms in the middle of words, e.g. "auspicious" goes to "au****ious". I've emailed them about it but to no avail so far.
auSPICious, do you see what was filtered out and why?
BTW sticker, great article.
I love to come to a table and see some joker typing their trash out , all I do is put them on my search list and find them at a cash table later on and cash in on their abusive typing, I dont get too nasty when I start them off on their rant, just a couple of words usually do it then I sit back and watch them throw away the $, and when thay leave and another player asks why I set him off I tell others that he has quite the mouth on him and deserves to be taken advantage of in that way.
It may be wrong for me to think like this, but this is the way I deal with potty mouths.

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i agree that bad words are getting bad. why do people play if they cant stay in control?:confused: :joyman:
I'll finish this one, (mods dont be mad at me for this)when they can have a pokerbot be their control, and if your one of these people then a free pokerbot is just right for you...............right:D

p.s. Just wanted to have some fun here.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll finish this one, (mods dont be mad at me for this)when they can have a pokerbot be their control, and if your one of these people then a free pokerbot is just right for you...............right:D
Guess you read freebot's other five posts trying to sell his worthless piece of shit cheater pokerbot.

talkpkr2me

talkpkr2me

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the 3 yrs I've been playing online,I can honestly say the trash talk,name calling and just plain rudeness never really got to me..If it is directed at me,I'm pretty much able to ignore it,BUT I have come to the defense of other players many times...I just DESPISE bullies,whether physical or in the case of online poker,verbal bullies...As I said,I am much more quick to defend a fellow player,which I think is just part of my personality,not necessarily specific to poker...Throw a rock and hit me,I might just keep on walking,throw a rock and hit my friend,I'm gonna kick your ass!!....:D
Now having said that,last night I DID get upset at a players "tirade" over a call I made and it did affect me...He called me names,the nicest being a "donkey"...well,HEE HAW to me!!! I was playing in a "well-known" radio show's freeroll at AP...I'm short stacked,won't go into the hand details but I continually called the guy next to me's bets,raises,and finally he's committed 3/4 of his stack to the pot and I'm all in...I catch my flush on the river...And yes,I know its sucked for him,its happened waaaaaaaay toooo many times to me as well...But,I think I did what anyone,into the last quarter of a tourney being short-stacked would have done...Including this guy who is now,blaming ME for the downfall of online poker...Of course,2 hands later he had to do the same thing I did..But I think what bothered me most was the absolute hatred of me personally that poured out of him..also the fact that this is a very well liked "player" at that forum and so I was indeed without a friend at this table...And 20 minutes later he is still describing my "kind" as being worse than the worse type of poker player...I was and still am just stunned...And yes,I was pissed as well by the time I was off that table...:mad:

wsorbust

wsorbust

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
agree that bad words are getting bad. why do people play if they cant stay in control?
...probably b/c online poker is uncontrollable... full of under-aged kids who saw the wsop on tv and think they own the place the minute they login..?

bubbasbestbabe

bubbasbestbabe

Suckout Queen
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
But I think what bothered me most was the absolute hatred of me personally that poured out of him..also the fact that this is a very well liked "player" at that forum and so I was indeed without a friend at this table...

See, that's what happens when you stray to foreign forums.;) :D :D :D ;)

Ronaldadio

Ronaldadio

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree

I have come to the defense of other players many times...I just DESPISE bullies,whether physical or in the case of online poker,verbal bullies...As I said,I am much more quick to defend a fellow player,which I think is just part of my personality,not necessarily specific to poker

It funny but I`m the same!!! I end up in bigger verbal battles because of what someone has said about someone else!!!

Silly, isnt it???

Stick66

Stick66

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I was on Doyle's Room today and some guy had in his profile "I REQUESTED my chat be turned off because I'm sick of all the the crap from the morons on here." Pretty drastic, but not a bad idea. LOL.

NotoriousDeano

NotoriousDeano

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of them are just very sore losers, when i lose to a bad beat or a stupid call, i just say stuff to myself but i dont abuse them or call them nothing, i just say "nh" and allow myself time to calm down from the stupid play, only if its a really bad play will i have alittle moan at them or just say "how could you even call that" or something like that, but i wont abuse them, theres no point for it!

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nice blog MR. and article.
Verbal abuse? bring it on, thats my personal opinion, but b4 I get booed, i will elaborate:
Any game i play i will chat along with anyone, in a friendly way. I love to chat, and meet people, etc. Particularly at costa, where no one talks, I find out where people are from, then talk to them about their country, always being polite. I come to play poker, i dont care too much if I win or lose, I just love the game, and the bonus of meeting people online along the way.
Now, as for the verbal abuse, thats fine. Someone heckles me for calling with crap, 84os etc and winning, i usually tell them its advanced play. their reply is normally along the lines of, 'Go f**k yourself!', to which my reply is, 'ok, you wanna come watch, loverboy?'. That really winds them up, and they bite like a good-un! I see their heckling/abuse as a way of trying to tilt me/scare me/frighten me away, so i just turn it around, and headf*ck them. If you look at who does the abusing, its typically(but not always) 18-29 year-old males, extremely heterosexual. So as soon as the abuse flies from them(I never start it), i get them on the homophobic tilt, ie I play gay, or do whatever I need to do to tilt them.
Dont let the w*nkers win, most of us just wanna play poker. If i wanted abuse at any time, I simply go visit my family,etc.
KD

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If i wanted abuse at any time, I simply go visit my family,etc.
KD
That's what I'm here for. :D

BTW...glad to see you around mate. Been missing ya. I've had to keep up all the thread abuse by myself. :(

KerouacsDog

KerouacsDog

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well, im back, albeit in a limited capacity(due to lack of braincells)
lets abuse together(that'll worry those two fine looking sheep over there!)
KD

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Example of abuse

read the chat box, thought I'd put an example of the written abuse some have to deal with in on-line poker.
I found it funny and never let it get to me, he just went all-in after the bubble with sht and I had said "Make the bubble and play stupid?" and that set him off.
I wonder if this was the same guy sammy bumped into a while back.

Attachments

• untitled.JPG
    untitled.JPG
    83 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's usually the ones who are observing instead of playing. Apparently, they got nothing better to do but trask talk the table they lost on and make the poker playing experience unpleasant. I wish poker sites would just boot the poker players off the table whne they are out or at least turn off their chat capabilites.

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well heres my thoughts on verbal abuse,, it dont bother me, i dont do it and think nobody should do it,,, if you let it get to you, it will ruin your game,, but theres a lot of Low Lifes out there that thinks its funny,, They Should GROW-UP>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. buck

T

TKO

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Great thread. I am getting a little annoyed with the abuse also. I usually play 1-3 SNG's in a night and after beating a "gentleman" the other night in one SNG, he followed me to the other two that I played and was all over me. Of course he tilted out of all three SNG's and I couldn't pass up the opportunity to let him know that I cashed out on all three and he didn't. Boy, it was great from there......