Using a VPN for Poker

H

helenag

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are in the US, do you use a VPN to play on gambling sites like Roobet? If so, which VPN is the best to use in your opinion?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I use Express VPN since I trust them to do what they say they do. That said, I would not recommend that you use a VPN to try to bypass poker sites GEO location restrictions. The risk of having your funds confiscated is not worth the reward of getting to play at the site.

Rldetheflop

Rldetheflop

Head Ranger
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use Express VPN since I trust them to do what they say they do. That said, I would not recommend that you use a VPN to try to bypass poker sites GEO location restrictions. The risk of having your funds confiscated is not worth the reward of getting to play at the site.
I agree.

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Most poker clients use spyware (to prevent cheating), so they will be able to see you are running a VPN, maybe something to consider.

Probably want to make sure you are allowed to run a VPN before depositing copious amounts of money on a site.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
NordVPN is a truly proven service that offers a high level of security and fast surfing speed.
Positive.

24/7 technical support via email and live chat on the website
High level of security
Very fast data download speed, unlimited bandwidth
Connect up to 6 devices simultaneously
Guaranteed money back within the first 30 days of use if you don't like it
5400 + servers in 59 countries

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think most sites like pokerstars are very good at figuring out you're using a vpn so I wouldn't try to ever play with a vpn.

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's definitely reasonable to use a VPN for anything you do online.

But I agree it's a mistake to use a VPN for bypassing geographic restrictions. Even if you don't take ethical concerns into account, lots of players have been caught and had all funds seized. It's not worth the risk and stress!

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are in the US, do you use a VPN to play on gambling sites like Roobet? If so, which VPN is the best to use in your opinion?
I am from Europa and I don't put playing in SUA. It's a restriction when I try to download the App.

roberto51

roberto51

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If the country you live in is blocking a poker site and that site accepts players from your country and accepts playing via VPN, what's the problem?

S3mper

S3mper

Poker Not Checkers
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If the country you live in is blocking a poker site and that site accepts players from your country and accepts playing via VPN, what's the problem?

The concern of using a VPN comes from the opposite direction. When a poker site doesn't allow your country.

For example PokerStars and the US

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Even with the best VPN, you can play for a while. But at some point you make a mistake when entering and you may be banned for breaking the rules. Moreover, the sites covered use programs to detect such players.

Doubledunk

Doubledunk

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can.. and it works... but if you get caught, say goodbye to your money so.... No

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
GG poker doesn't give a shit, I know of Aussies that play there using a VPN, but I wouldn't try it on the main sites like poker stars, they know if you use a VPN.

:)

M

MotoWasabi

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggect you read articles like this one. About how VPNs work and what is the best for certain platfroms. They suggest NordVPN. From my experience, Nord is good , but for starters I would recommend a cheaper provider like Surfshark. But do not use free VPNs, they suck, they leak, and are useless garbages
https://vpnpro.com/best-vpn-services/vpn-for-roobet/

veloprofz

veloprofz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggect you read articles like this one. About how VPNs work and what is the best for certain platfroms. They suggest NordVPN. From my experience, Nord is good , but for starters I would recommend a cheaper provider like Surfshark. But do not use free VPNs, they suck, they leak, and are useless garbages
https://vpnpro.com/best-vpn-services/vpn-for-roobet/

what would be the best vpn for mobile, i tried NordVPN, Express VPN and others, but these vpn on mobile phones don't really work.

dannywaves

dannywaves

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
idk how other websites do it,but I remember traveling to MX to play in the wsop online toureys (because im from the US and its illegal where I live) and had to send GGPoker a pic of my id and passport... long story short i kept playing with a VPN here in the us.... but when it came time to withdraw my profits, they added suff to the terms of service and I had to show proof of residency in order to collect that money so now I have money stuck in the website until I buy property in MX lol

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've never used com to play poker buddy, I don't think it will affect anything, but not all LINE poker platforms will be effective using vpn connection maybe I'm wrong about that, thanks and a hug.

CylleP

CylleP

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

But you still use a VPN)

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think also GG poker identifies your location easily , even when you use VPN , at least I tried some times , everytime they discvered my real country , lol . I have unsubscribed from my VPN provider , as nowI have mno options to use it , it used to be 888poker , until they left a country without further notice , that irritated me as it meant the loss of many hours of game played .

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know if it were me, and I lived in a jurisdiction that didn't allow me to play poker on a specific site, I'm not going to all the cost/trouble of using VPN to play on that site. The risk of having my money confiscated is just simply not worth the risk.

If you want to roll the dice and go for it, you're going to do that anyway regardless of what people say on here, or anywhere else.