Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Timebank one of the simplest ways to infuriate some people lol

I Completely Agree. Two or Three clock runners :damnmate:Aghhhh.

There are at times a need to think hard but not everrrry hand.

D

diabloman

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You must use what is provided, especially free ;):D

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

Once in a while is good and useful the time bank but there are some players
who use it every single hand and wait to expire it
These i hate Thats not fair game
Rgds

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its part of the game, just have to block it out if someone, or multiple people are doing it. I might say something once, but that is it. Otherwise it just gets worse.

If I know a player hates it, I may run the clock if I know they will start calling me or playing at me to get me out of the game. It is interesting to see how often a player will get angry and start playing stupid because of it and lose their stack.

A

alfge0808

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my TimeBank in many situations. Especially when I want to enter a tournament's ITM, this can help a lot in the placements and win prizes. Many players are too rushed and this can be a positive thing when ITM is about to be decided.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Timebank - a way to consider with the next actions or a part of high thinking strategies. Try to use it more.

L

lintsikka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use my TimeBank in many situations. Especially when I want to enter a tournament's ITM, this can help a lot in the placements and win prizes. Many players are too rushed and this can be a positive thing when ITM is about to be decided.

There is special place in hell for those that use timebank to get in money :evil:

Having said that, ofc it would be stupid not to stall since everyone is doing it but clearly not why bank is implented in there

IntenseHeat

IntenseHeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Dicketry begets dicketry. I was playing Omaha a couple of nights back. I had actually registered early and was working on some things as I waited for the tournament to start. When it did, I switched over and played the first couple of hands. Three or four hands into the tournament, I went to close out the other programs I had been using. Apparently one of them was using a lot of resources as it shut down, because I was unable to switch back to my table until the other programs were done shutting down. Once I was able to switch back to the table I saw that I had playable cards, so I called and played the hand.

Several hands later, I noticed my name in the chat box. I see that someone had called me a "douche" and accused me of stalling. They said that since I had stalled, they were going to stall. So he started using up the whole clock and dipping into his time bank every time it was his turn to act. So, because he thinks I stalled on one street of one hand, he's going to stall on every street of every hand. My clock hadn't even ran all the way down in the hand in question. I still had my entire sixty second time bank in reserve. Whatever. If that's all it takes to set this guy off, then I'm just the excuse he's using for being the dick that he is going to be anyway. Besides, I've got about forty hours of both the Diamond Billiard and Predator 10 Ball Championships in my DVR that I need to watch anyway.

But after about fifteen minutes of this nonsense, I noticed something else happening. Players who weren't even at the table when the original hand happened, and didn't see his comments are starting to stall. They see him stalling, so they start stalling to give him a taste of his own medicine. Now there three players at the table constantly letting the clock run down and dipping into their time banks, because dicketry begets dicketry.

Last edited:
zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do! Especially in time when I know that wasting some time will bump me up to a particular field. Additionally, at times I use it to think about the sequence of actions and try to figure out whether I should call, raise, or fold!