Use of the Timebank

Raccoony

Raccoony

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I sometimes use it when I have to think what to do when it is my turn to act and I especially use it in tournaments when I am just before the money and have less chips than average.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do you use the timebank or you don't use it?

I’ve noticed many people using time banks for stalling. It’s pretty much usually useless when using a time bank like this.
Reason 1 - when it comes to an important decision later on in the tournament which needs deep thoughtfulness then you have no chance to think and are rushed.
Reason 2 - the gains are going to be minimal whenever stalling is usually used. You can really stall a final table after all when the pay jumps are going to be highly more significant

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Necessarily. In situations when you just need to think and look at the statistics on your opponents. With which hands the opponents can enter the hand. Well.... Slowplay strong hands, has not been canceled.)))

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in the early stages of the tournament I don't use it I leave it for collection stages

B

binalf

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a similar view, I play quickly at the beginning. if i get far i use the time

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Seems to me it is used lots near the bubble and low chip stacks hoping others will be eliminated

It also comes in handy with the players that are playing Many games simultaneously.

I personally use it sometimes but it is somewhat annoying as it can really slow down the game :boxing:

D

DenGybka

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I often use timebank, basically when I need to make a fatal and very important decision.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't overuse the timebank, I just use it for crucial decisions which is the way I guess you are supposed to use it.

Dkerridge14

Dkerridge14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't overuse the timebank, I just use it for crucial decisions which is the way I guess you are supposed to use it.

I don’t think there is any ‘supposed’ set way of using the time bank. People are free to use it how they choose. As with ALL of poker it’s about optimal usage. The time that is going to be is definitely in the bigger decisions in which your life is at risk. Not necessarily to wait the bursting bubble. If you use it on a bursting bubble and get deep then you could very well end up with a big decision and no time bank to really think it through. This is going to be far more costly. Imagine it as win 3.30 vs lose 55.79 kind of thing

ringworm

ringworm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use the timebank to try to mislead opponents sometimes, other times I use the timebank because I am calculating odds and legitimately trying to decide whether to call/raise/fold. I find there is information to be gained about your opponents hands by the amount of time they take to react, especially a super fast call which usually means a draw.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time bank is useful. I rarely need to use it. Never as a bluffing tool. But somrtimes when closing in on getting to the money. Stalling can help you cash in some situations

LJG23

LJG23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
High stakes pros use try to use the same amount of time to avoid timing tells. This is usually using all of the allotted time and some of their bank before any decision.

In the micros time banks are often abused in order to tilt players. With poor internet being a possibility for some, but it's usually intentional.

Personally I usually save it for early breaks, or bubble/pay jump spots. Occasionally I will have zero info on a player in an allin spot and sharkscope them in order to get an idea of what kind of player they are.

Hope this helps.

Do you use the timebank or you don't use it?

Thiagon

Thiagon

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I usually use only near the itm, when I am short stack.
I see many players using this device.
Otherwise, I don't use the time.

R

ritz_avalanche

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use it a lot during the bubble

det0nate

det0nate

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I dont run the time bank,, but i hate when i have no time left on it ....lol

007Leon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
to go to bathroom

i used when i have to go to bathroom. and in mtt´s when i have litlle bb and i want to get the add on

ajtrevor

ajtrevor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t try to use my time bank but if I’m distracted or have to do something with my kids I’ll use it.

diego farfan

diego farfan

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BO
Chips
Depending on the tournament and the level of the tournament, try to wait for the time bank for the critical mementos to be able to better analyze the play

O

over_big

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I fritter and waste my time bank in an off hand way.

C

Chicungulla

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use it when we are near the bubble only if I have low chips ... lol

albosaltenio

albosaltenio

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it's something I've always been pending. time is a very important part of this game that is mostly about passience.

UM3SH

UM3SH

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, I have never bother my time bank but so think I should start using it because it is important.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
For me that is important to make decisions in difficult moments or to tank when you are with very little bubble stack. Even in live tournaments there are timebank cards that accumulate.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel so scummy for doing it, but I have time banked to secure a bubble cash before. I think generally people use it to do calculations in their head. There's a lot of math that goes into pot equity and making good calls.

shibdevvar

shibdevvar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used my time bank on bubble time or itm next payout whenever had less stack size, and i forgot to used it whenever i was chip leader