G0930

Captain Fathermucker, Satty Aficionado
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Guys just a well meant advice.
Using a VPN to access any pokersite is against house rules .
It won't go to a court but the pokersites will confiscate your winnings and you have no legal basis to sue because you weren't eligible to play

I know these restricition suck but
don't get yourself in trouble and have blessed holidays.

Edited ...

Last edited:
Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Dont get trouble? What is this.

Being illegal doesn't mean you cant do that or whatever. Also as far i remember then several well-known cardchatters have used VPN for months (if not years) in like 2-3+ different poker sites (mainly to play CC games?) and these places have yet to "confiscate winnings" or come out with any kind of other restrictions ...

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
Dont get trouble? What is this.

Being illegal doesn't mean you cant do that or whatever. Also as far i remember then several well-known cardchatters have used VPN for months (if not years) in like 2-3+ different poker sites (mainly to play CC games?) and these places have yet to "confiscate winnings" or come out with any kind of other restrictions ...
The trouble I mean is that many had been caught and their winnings are confiscated.
It's another thing If their country blocks the Website and PS doesn't mind.
And as said in my initial post it probably won't have legal consequences for you Just that they need to be prepared that it's highly possible that their Account will be banned.

Do whatever you want . It's a well meant advice remember ?

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Oh, there are just no words. But okay.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Do whatever you want . It's a well meant advice remember ?
So have you actually used VPN to access poker sites or what.
Like i said above i know more individuals who have done this for lenghty period in several places without getting any restrictions rather than few unfortunate people who were caught ...

Therefore you are probably right that certain sites just do not give 2 cents about it when someone uses them illegally.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
So have you actually used VPN to access poker sites or what.
Like i said above i know more individuals who have done this for lenghty period in several places without getting any restrictions rather than few unfortunate people who were caught ...

Therefore you are probably right that certain sites just do not give 2 cents about it when someone uses them illegally.
I did had mine on once few years ago on 888poker. My Account was immediately banned and I had to write a mail that I forgot to turn it off. Maybe I was just unlucky 🤷🏻‍♂️, I'm just sharing my experiences.
Yes It's very likely their respected countries ban the pokerstars Community page and PS couldn't care less.
Maybe because of legal paragraphs where you're Not allowed to promote Poker in any way

kitchy65

kitchy65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I've always used a VPN...never lost any winnings.

If you are attempting to circumvent restrictions, then stop doing it.

D

dregan

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's another thing If their country blocks the Website and PS doesn't mind.
I just had to play with VPN for a month when I got into the occupation and the Russian Internet was not accepted on the pokerstars and 888 website. A window popped up that players from my country (meaning Russia) were forbidden to play for money. But after all, I registered from Ukraine before the war and at the moment I was in the same place. Only now they gave me the Russian Internet from the Crimea. I managed to play with VPN at pokerstars, but they didn’t give me 888. On 888, with VPN, a window popped up that I did not have the right to play from this place. Now I will play without VPN again after my release. Let's see what happens when the money is withdrawn.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I've always used a VPN...never lost any winnings.

If you are attempting to circumvent restrictions, then stop doing it.
Lucky you. Just Out of curiosity did you use a foreign IP ? Cause naturally you can connect though a VPN with an IP of your country

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use mullvad, but when I use any poker site I set the vpn to my region. Only time I got questioned in the past was with bovada because I was using a server from switzerland at the time but it was a warning back then (2014). However to your point the site rule are what matter most and being allowed to play is one thing being allowed to withdraw my make be another issue. If I remember I turn off the VPN when playing but often I forget

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I use mullvad, but when I use any poker site I set the vpn to my region. Only time I got questioned in the past was with bovada because I was using a server from Switzerland at the time but it was a warning back then (2014). However to your point the site rule are what matter most and being allowed to play is one thing being allowed to withdraw my make be another issue. If I remember I turn off the VPN when playing but often I forget
Ok yeah If it's an IP of your homecountry it can't be much of an issue.
From the comments it looks like its detected rarely and apparently 888 Poker acts more rigorous than Pokerstars when it comes to VPN usage. All i can say is that 888 suspended my acc immediately when I forgot to turn it off..
Was no problem to clear things up with them though

EnzoRS94

EnzoRS94

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DZ
Chips
When you violate their clear published rules, of course you can't do anything about it bro

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
When you violate their clear published rules, of course you can't do anything about it bro
Yes but people Here don't get that apparently, hence the thread.
I don't mind people at all who use them and cared enough to point out it may result in a ban.
Apparently I should shut up and mind my own business...
Was just a well meant advice

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
Why comment then if you got no words 😅🤣
This is an expression when something is formulated incorrectly. A kind of sarcasm. 🤣🤣🤣
Most pokerrooms really prohibit the use of VPNs or other proxies. In most cases, this is due to the rules of such a poker room and the current legislation. The poker rooms you mentioned really don't accept VPNs. But, do not expect that if you are not banned, then everything is fine. You can play for years using these third-party programs, but as soon as you want to withdraw funds, you will be in for an unpleasant surprise.
Nevertheless, there are poker rooms that allow the use of these programs, but, prior notification. In this case, there will be no problems. That's why I made the previous comment: since you only see one side of the coin.

R

respuuu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if it's not bannable, i wont risk it at all..

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess I do not have to worry about getting kicked out because of VPN because I do not have a clue what it is.

VPN ........ very pretty nurse ???
VPN ...... very pointy nose ?????

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I guess I do not have to worry about getting kicked out because of VPN because I do not have a clue what it is.

VPN ........ very pretty nurse ???
VPN ...... very pointy nose ?????
Virtual Private Network :)
This is an expression when something is formulated incorrectly. A kind of sarcasm. 🤣🤣🤣
Most pokerrooms really prohibit the use of VPNs or other proxies. In most cases, this is due to the rules of such a poker room and the current legislation. The poker rooms you mentioned really don't accept VPNs. But, do not expect that if you are not banned, then everything is fine. You can play for years using these third-party programs, but as soon as you want to withdraw funds, you will be in for an unpleasant surprise.
Nevertheless, there are poker rooms that allow the use of these programs, but, prior notification. In this case, there will be no problems. That's why I made the previous comment: since you only see one side of the coin.
I beg to differ I also pointed out that the site may withhold your winnings ..Just like you right now when you wrote about withdrawing.
It's true I can't say that Ps bans people but it was an educated guess that they do because 888 hates Vpns...

Chica_bonita

Chica_bonita

Sad Funny Lady🌬
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips

I beg to differ I also pointed out that the site may withhold your winnings ..Just like you right now when you wrote about withdrawing.
It's true I can't say that Ps bans people but it was an educated guess that they do because 888 hates Vpns...
To be honest, I really don't understand why people use third-party programs to play in poker rooms that prohibit this. This is really a pointless step: you might as well play for game money.

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips

888 hates eh? Dont know what's the exact case with austria but some nations still play there illegally for years (if not decades) therefore ...
To be honest, I really don't understand why people use third-party programs to play in poker rooms that prohibit this. This is really a pointless step: you might as well play for game money.
Isn't your "nation" using these third party programs to access sites like replay & ACR :unsure:

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
888 hates eh? Dont know what's the exact case with Austria but some nations still play there illegally for years (if not decades) therefore ...

Isn't your "nation" using these third party programs to access sites like replay & ACR :unsure:
Maybe they are just lucky ....why would they have different rules for Austrians ???
That makes no sense at all.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't add anything negative to it either. As long as the provider is reputable and you don't use free mass VPN providers, it shouldn't be a problem. I myself bought a German VPN provider while on vacation abroad, which offered different IPs and had no problem with it. It was only 3 weeks but still absolutely problem-free.

G0930

G0930

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
AT
Chips
I can't add anything negative to it either. As long as the provider is reputable and you don't use free mass VPN providers, it shouldn't be a problem. I myself bought a German VPN provider while on vacation abroad, which offered different IPs and had no problem with it. It was only 3 weeks but still absolutely problem-free.
Maybe I used a Bad one ...now I have NordVPN which is awesome. But I use it for work related stuff not poker.
Why would I, Austria was never outside of Pokerstars "White List"

Risto234

Risto234

Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Maybe I used a Bad one ...now I have NordVPN which is awesome. But I use it for work related stuff not poker.
Why would I, Austria was never outside of Pokerstars "White List"
Do you even know what this pokerstars white list means