US Poker Rooms with lowest late registration time

W

WarEagle1266

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm currently playing on ACR and most of the MTTs are 5 hours late registration; I like playing in MTTs, but having to play for 5 hours before the field starts to decrease feels like you're not making any progress, not to mention the time investment. Are there any US poker sites that have lower late registration times?

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't played on Bovada in a while but from what I remember they have a decent MTT schedule and late registration isn't nearly as long. Betonline is another option, but I don't really like them since the schedule is not very big and almost all of their tourneys are rebuys with addons.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
888 is pretty good. Most I’ve played the late registration has been between 1/2 and 1 hour. I find the “guaranteed” prize pool tournament have longer late registration periods. Probably because they need to hit their minimum to not lose money.

John A

John A

Poker Zion Coach
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe ignition / Bovada is up to 3 hours late registration.

But yeah, I feel you. That's ridiculous.

nauffrage

nauffrage

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
i play pokerstars-no more-and-it takes enough time like the a tournament cup it takes a couple of hours-the secret of patience-Good luck and have a good day

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep seeing this. I even overheard a guy at my local poker room complaining about long late registration online. Why are people against long late registration?

In my opinion it is so much better for the game. It adds more money to the prize pool and forces players to widen their range and shove or call week with bad hands.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Also if you are worried about time...play turbos.

T

thejuice1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
pretty much all the sites out there have long late registration times on their freerolls
or low money buy in tourneys. I often find its better for me to wait a bit to join due to the late registration.

mk0523

mk0523

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I keep seeing this. I even overheard a guy at my local poker room complaining about long late registration online. Why are people against long late registration?

In my opinion it is so much better for the game. It adds more money to the prize pool and forces players to widen their range and shove or call week with bad hands.

It's great for people who don't register in the beginning but it makes the game unbearable long for people who register and play the whole tournament.

A

Aknight3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try bovada. They usually are pretty short and most are freezeouts so ppl can just shove and rebuy

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haven't played Bovada/Ignition in a while but it always seemed like there were very few tournaments worth playing there. 5 hours of late reg is a little absurd.

A

aj43615

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like KingCurtis reply...never looked at it that way

quick

quick

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Try bovada. They usually are pretty short and most are freezeouts so ppl can just shove and rebuy

I agree with this. Bovada tourneys never have any rebuys or add ons which makes them a more pure form of tournament play. They're late reg periods vary anywhere from 30min to 5 hours but seems like most are between 1.5-2.5 hours. They have a ton of guaranteed (gtd) tourneys 24/7.

Personally, I think anything under 2 hours is pretty acceptable and I agree 5 hour plus late regs are just unnecessary.

KingCurtis

KingCurtis

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's great for people who don't register in the beginning but it makes the game unbearable long for people who register and play the whole tournament.

I understand but that's all part of large MTTs. If you want a faster game play sit n go's or turbos...Tournaments, on average are 5-6 hours if not longer when you make a deep final table with or without super long late registration.
I like KingCurtis reply...never looked at it that way