The ultimate poker desktop

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Total posts
I am getting a new computer specific for ‘poker’ which will be clutter free of any other Apps/games, which I suppose In theory could be done with an additional log on as a separate user but what would be the ultimate poker computer in your opinion:) I have my own mega spreadsheet of highlights from books as my guide/bible that I constantly update and tweak but as for apps and the like

Here are some that I am considering
Flopzilla
Icimizer
Pio solver
Pokerstove

Tell me more:)

Also I will admit I have ported an additional monitor extension to my 70 inch tv which displayed blind defense charts/bluffing hands per position and various others but became a bit too much lol, ideally would like to explore using it effectively in the future though but not to where it is overwhelming.

Lena M

Lena M

Legend
Total posts
Awards
UA
Currently, I play poker from my laptop, but I also have an additional 24-inch monitor connected. And that is enough for me. Usually I play two or three tables at a time, but if I wanted I could play for example 6 tables.

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Total posts
I play on my laptop and on my phone, no more than two tables ...:(

kringoo1979

kringoo1979

Rock Star
Total posts
Awards
BR
I still don't have a specific computer just for poker, I use my people that I use to work with just one screen but when I'm playing poker I have my glues and notes saved

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Total posts
Awards
I am getting a new computer specific for ‘poker’ which will be clutter free of any other apps/games, which I suppose In theory could be done with an additional log on as a separate user but what would be the ultimate poker computer in your opinion:) I have my own mega spreadsheet of highlights from books as my guide/bible that I constantly update and tweak but as for apps and the like

Here are some that I am considering
Flopzilla
Icimizer
Pio solver
Pokerstove

Tell me more:)

Also I will admit I have ported an additional monitor extension to my 70 inch tv which displayed blind defense charts/bluffing hands per position and various others but became a bit too much lol, ideally would like to explore using it effectively in the future though but not to where it is overwhelming.

Sounds pretty epic!

Don't forget about PokerTracker or Hold'em Manager (only need 1 of the two)

And equilab is a new and improved version of pokerstove. Check it out!

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Total posts
I definitely forgot about equilab! Will be adding for sure! Thank you!

This idea may seem irrelevant but I believe it holds true to a degree for playing poker and “focusing”, when I took photography classes we set our desktops to 18% gray or at time was “apple gray” to have our eyes adjust for proper color correction and not sway color perception when editing photos. I’m thinking that having a busy background is a problem for playing poker as well, so when I play now I have a neutral grey background and I select to right click “hide” icons so that they are not distracting or visible while playing online.

https://isorepublic.com/why-your-desktop-background-should-be-gray/

Haven’t really been doing it lately but will with new computer, especially for playing a lengthy amount of time. Less distractions the better:)

Last edited:
Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Total posts
I use all my devices to play poker on. Most of the time it depends on how many tables I am playing and what’re I’m at. I play on laptop, ipad and iphone. But multiple tables definitely is for my laptop.

Z

Stay Safe

KozakAlex

KozakAlex

Visionary
Total posts
Awards
You are well prepared. I didn't expect someone to play like this. I use a tablet because it is convenient to go to the toilet or eat while playing. I don't use any other equipment.

Pokerstudy

Pokerstudy

Legend
Total posts
Been so busy with so many projects, but think I will be using my Ipad mini or phone with stand for various ranges, or calculations via apps as well..not to 'cheat' online or have an edge in the online game itself at the time... but to build memory of hands for future use in live games.

Really would like to streamline things, Its a process lol but a fun one.

Last edited: