training in an online game

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is it worth paying a lot of money for studying in online poker? and will it be any good?

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
a lot of academies offer to study

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not if you are new to poker. Then free or cheap material will be enough to get you started. If you want to move out of the micros, it makes sense to invest at least some money in software and training.

AlexeiShok

AlexeiShok

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, of course, you can learn poker by watching a video on YouTube. Or read some book online. And on CardsChat you can, there is a free 30 day poker course here :) :)

poker_bro

poker_bro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake at the beginning of my poker journey was that I spent hundreds to different courses, softwares etc, but the only way to learn is by doing, play as much as possible, make as many mistakes as possible in the beginning and learn by them. Don't try to follow slavishly some strategy. Learn just some basics like hand charts etc and create your own playing style, that's the key of the poker. Poker is profitable when people play differently than others, if everybody is following the same strategy, nobody wins, except the poker room.

Sign up to advancedpokertraining and pokerstrategy.com, basic versions are free, all you need as the beginner, later you can buy premium membership with your poker earnings.

80abukaH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What everybody said: maybe in the past an academy could be good, but now there is a lot of material (and forums to discuss) so you do not need to join an Academy to learn the basics and start beating the first levels. :)

W

Whitneyflash

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's a great idea to learn this way.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the best is to watch Same materials about 3-5 hours, just to understand the vital logic of the games, but after - play more.
Play for "play money (free)" everything you canL tournaments, sit-and-go, cash...
Any games.

Good luck!

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are probably some great coaches out there...
But before you invest a lot of money you should first
make use of all the free info and help you can get online.

There is a lot of good stuff on cardschat. Before you pay
a lot of money for a course or coaching you should probably
already have mastered the micro stakes. It's hard to earn back
a $1000 coaching on NL2 ;)

Top 10 Games