Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi!!! :ciao:

Nathan Williams released video with top 10 countries with WORST poker players

canada at number 9 - yikes
where your country on list? which country have worst players?

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that this video only proves that N W is a jerk.
hi hi darthjewel!! :ciao:
thanks comment
actually i sorta know nathan, he no a "jerk"

he enjoy live far east, make good living in micro stakes arena, same poker areas most us inhabit

if goin smear a player, in this case a fine teacher too
suggest provide justification... else is just defamatory slur?

we all allowed opinions, but i believe, unjustified, unsubstantiated slander, not right

no wish fight anyone... but you mess with my friends... grrrrrrrrrrr
krista puts on boxing gloves lol

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
krista puts on boxing gloves lol
Dear Krista,
put the gloves off, I cannot fight with you.
If you are going to protect the people you 'sorta know', let it be.
Nathan is an angel in disguise and it is me who is jerk
for not recognizing the obvious wisdom coming from the video.

BTW, congratulations on you new Canadian identity.

But seriously,
a negative ranking of people's abilities by country can be considered as hate speech,
(try to include in the list a country from Africa or Middle East and see what happens then).
Anyway I do not think that the topic of the video has been chosen decently.

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi hi darthjewel!!! :ciao:
yes agree
never should place individuals into general categories - each human unique
Worst Poker Player Countries...
think is like "clickbait" - helps generate revenue nathan & heated discussion us?

darth, i no a fighter, no have box gloves... closest have is cheerleader pom poms *grins*
thank you reply message - lets be friends! ok?

hugs
krista

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I like Nathan Williams and read his newsletter but found this to be a little silly. After all, it was poll he conducted on line, didn't carry much weight and it was likely to annoy people.

He was at pains to say he knew each country had both great and bad players, and kept repeating the fact as he went through the countries. That sort of meant he knew it had been something of a bad idea from start to finish.

That said, I think he's generally a nice guy that gives a lot to the poker community so it not a major transgression and its easy to forgive a small misstep.

J

JimTheBadger

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there's something to this. Yea great players can come from anywhere but some nations produce an over abundance of fishes.

Personally I look for Canadians (I'm Canadian) and Asian Based players. Again strong players exist from these countries but most of the players I encounter from these countries are awful and who I like to see at my tables.

Americans would be top of my list, I use to play on ACR just so I could have access to those juicy fishes. Right now I don't as it's to hard for me to move money on that site until I get a crypto account (I should, softest fields online for MTT imo)

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
First of all as someone already mentioned, this is not Nathans personal opinion but the result on a poll, he put out on his blog. So obviously it should not be taken to serious. And right off the bat to me it seems like, many people have understood the question as “which country produce the most annoying poker players” rather than “the worst poker players”.

Number 1 and 2 on the list is Russia and Ukraine. And if we are taking about people playing online micro and low stakes games, as the vast majority of Nathans audience is, then players from these two countries tend to be among the best on average. Many of them are playing in a semi-professional way for profit, they put in lots of volume, and they usually play either a TAG or a LAG style.

This can make them annoying, because they are difficult to beat, and because there are so many of them, they contribute to making micro and low stakes games tougher, than perhaps they ideally should be. If you buy into a 4,5$ SnG on Stars, it can be surpricingly reg infested. Which is perhaps not very good for the “poker ecosystem”, but it does not make all these grinders bad poker players.

As for richer countries like Canada, several of them have produced some of the best players in the world. But regardless of, which country they are from, the best players in the world dont play 5$ tournaments online. They play much higher stakes, because this is, where they can make some real money.

So the Canadian players, you actually find in an online 5$ tournament, tend to be among the worst players at that limit. And the same can be said for any other rich country, where people have extra money to throw around on activities like online gambling.

lauestla

lauestla

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well for me this ranking does not mean anything. Because of course at the guy said in his video : you can find very skilled players (or very bad players) in all the countries he listed. It depends on game played, on the limits or on the buy-in levels…

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All countries have good and bad players lol

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Anyway, I think the most aggressive players are from the UK. I see the players from germany as the most cautious in the game. Well, the weakest players, in my opinion, are from Asian countries.

D

danydidi

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't really know but I am sure Russian will be number 1 . Worst and most aggressive

garibe

garibe

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I expected a lot of ppl here coming to talk about their Brazilian or Russian (eastern european) nemesis lol.

I got the video as just a fun view of the field. It will depend a lot on which site you play and where.

By far, it looks like Brazilians and Russians have a bad rep. But that dont mean anything as you can check and see that there are world top class players (many) from these countries.

David macdonald

David macdonald

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really enjoy this its cool Nathan, thnks krista Nathan is a decent bloke and I like him . This is fun, I had to laugh when Russia was number one and I tend to agree with this LOL

D

dgroes

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyway, I think the most aggressive players are from the UK. I see the players from Germany as the most cautious in the game. Well, the weakest players, in my opinion, are from Asian countries.

live in Germany. its a culture thing.

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
hi hi!!! :ciao:

Nathan Williams released video with top 10 countries with WORST poker players

Thanks for sharing, but this one - how he mentioned in the end of the video - is a promotional thing, he just wanted to be nice to his followers, basically he has income because of them, so he won't say they are the worst....

Generally, don't think, it is a good idea to categorize poker players based on the country they live - plenty pros live in foreign countries, like this guy.

Another thing, russia and ukraine definitely not producing high number of bad players, what the guy mentioned the standard of living, population, income. Obviously the top on the list should be one of those countries.

And - like many westernian - this guy also has no clue about eastern europe, only the incomes significantly lower, not the cost of the life, especially if you compare it to the income... he still stuck in the 90s' propaganda about eastern europe. Those times've gone, especially with the union...

But he mentioned, he wanted to serve his followers with his private 'opinion'... not providing any fact based, real information.... so it's okay....

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Canada at 9th place ?? This is a joke right ??

I believe every country has good and bad players . Of course some countries like Brazil or Russia have many good players imo , but I haven't spotted countries with the worst players , only . I have seen crazy gameplay by players from all countries , no reason for discrimination , lol

Dalyn

Dalyn

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In every Country you have different types of players this is very stupid video :D

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
worst players are from Brazil for sure

efranto2286

efranto2286

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Hehe nationality does not matter, there are good and bad players in any country.:D

Blackchipp

Blackchipp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
russians and japaneses

omg to players of these countrys, hahahaha

C

Canwai

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't believe that nationality influences the quality of players, either for good or for bad. That depends on the size of the country and the poker tradition in these places.
Obviously USA players are the best, Phil Helmuth, Phil Ivey.... it's a country where poker has traditionally been played for many years. Lol, they made a town in the middle of the desert to play poker. What you want? They are obviously the best. Phil Hellmut despite all his temperamental flaws is amazing, I don't think there's a better player than him.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Hi Krista, totally agree with Nathan on the top 3
They are definitely the guys I rate with the most fish, whales and maniacs.
I like to play small ball against them and give them as little information as possible. just let them thrash around and hang themselves.