Tired of playing poker.

uriell

uriell

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do to have a rest when you realize that further poker does not pay off?

yard47

yard47

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'll usually tilt off my winnings from the previous sessions in less than 10 minutes, then hate my life and stop playing for the day

Edit: Happened just yesterday as you can see in the graph. Lost with KK vs JJ (K on the flop, I push all-in, he hits his runner runner for quads). The rest is history and I lost lke 38$ (8buyins) in 10 minutes just being aggro, pushing everyone all-in losing horrendous flips. I then took a break of about 30 minutes and managed to slowly but surely grind it all the way back

https://imgur.com/a/7FURJif

Last edited:
BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just stop playing for a day or two and come back refreshed.:):):)

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, the decision is not to abandon poker as this depends on how much you like it, if the answer is that you do not like it then there is not much to do but if it is a sensation due to poor results I think all players have bad streaks , what you should do is keep improving your game, maybe take a break for a couple of days and start over

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you don’t enjoy playing any longer the solution is pretty easy. Sop playing. If you do have love for the game, then taking time off to refresh ones head and learn to be a better player would be my advice. I’m not saying this to you in particular but everyone. Studying this game is necessary to achieving the goals we set. The game is getting very advanced. There are many learning tools available and many are taking advantage. Anyone that isn’t taking the time to better themselves they are certainly going fall behind the players that are studying. The game is consistently evolving. Strategy from some time ago is not as effective as it is today. The top players stay at the top by aggressively learning what’s the ideal way to play.

V

Viktor Krysko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Drink a cup of coffee, and distract, and then go on active rest on nature, and you can continue to play

B

BesseNuts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That why its called "mind sport"! You should rest, to step ahead.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break from it for a few days doing nothing related to poker. If after said break, you want to play again, do it. If not, don't.

If you can't stop even though you want to, you might have a problem.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Relax, if you're saying that you're tired from playing for a couple of hours that's fine, the ambition will come back. If not, there many things in life to substitute it.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
What do you do to have a rest when you realize that further poker does not pay off?

Do you like playing games? By that I mean do you like playing games in general? If not then you're just trying to make some $'s. Nothing wrong w/that. In my opinion poker is a game that needs to be explored and tamed (to a degree). More complicated than Black Jack, a basic poker strategy applies to knowing how to play decent hands v playing other players v playing to win $. Like most games the more you play the more you win. So in my opinion the more you play the more you learn how to win. It's a grind, regardless. It's rare that someone just comes on the scene and racks it up "willy-nilly". Taking a break is usually a good thing, once good judgement and luck have run it's course. I usually go for a ride or play w/my dog. Fkng around w/my drone helps a little, lol. Just getting away from the game, itself, is relaxing. Anything that promotes good chi is nice. Good luck, man. ;)

Last edited:
GOLIAT

GOLIAT

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt

Tilt is probably already become every one of us. We must understand that we can not win every hand, it appears to be still so good.
To play profitable, all our decisions must be correct, or most of it, there should be one or the other makes mistakes every once. That's now gone so unhappy times call probably unlucky.
But the basic decision was the right one. Make this move alone only 10 times against him and you'll see you at the end more profitable play than him.
Work on your mindset and you'll do with it better to deal in the future.

B

bbrks011

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My problem is when I take a break from poker, that means several months. And when I come back I usually make some stupid decisions and all the money is gone very fast.
So it's always back to the drawing board.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its deeply psychological - the reverse of which is - you rarely see successful players playing less or taking a break unless they can afford to, have won substantially and are just enjoying the fruits of their success. The term heater is often used and we can identify that term with being in form or playing well..the reverse again can be on a downswing where we doubt our ability or we use the excuse of the RNG as a way to blame variance..
I think the key to success is managing our emotions better whether we win or lose and that also needs to factor in set, enforced breaks from any game, i know from personal experience that i can go on a run of wins when i am in good form, i dont play myself into form - the ability is there but often not the luck so we have to control that affect on our emotions and the best way is...take a break and come back refreshed as many other players have already mentioned..

X

xbursonicx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just don't play. For example, I haven't been playing for over 2 weeks already and haven't seem to regain my "thirst" for poker yet. It's just too tiresome to play having full-time job; so such breaks seem inevitable.

Pokerguy6666

Pokerguy6666

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually a good dinner with the family "resets me" from a bad afternoon of poker, and then I can start playing again after dinner (no longer on tilt).

A

Ant467

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Breaks do definitely need. We are all human and we all get tired

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
just stop for a bit and try again later

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it happens to the best of us but it will pass

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have never stopped playing poker because of my poker results. I always play when i'm doing my job, it's kinda automatic thing for me, launch autocad+coreldraw+artcam+ 2-3 poker sites, keep drawing for 50 seconds and betting for 10 remaining seconds of each minute. Kinda not feeling stress with bad beats or losses. Maybe it's because I'm not playing for serious money anymore and not risking my bankroll if I have it

I usually hit my sister with a shovel

LOL
I hope it's not a wet showel.

Gamebreakr25

Gamebreakr25

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi. I like to go to the gym, or go to watch sports somewhere. It's good to take time off every once in a while. It helps my game ALOT when I step back for a little while, and then come back and hit it hard. I hope this helps, and have a good evening :cool:

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

Fully Tilted
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I try to live life. With some of that even being away from the computer screen :)

H

hookmeout

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Take a break and come back again.

Dmitriy_rus7

Dmitriy_rus7

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts