Tips for playing multiple tables at once

samircyber9

samircyber9

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have tips for playing multiple tables at the same time? For example, play 10 cash game tables at the same time without losing a lot of revenue.:confused:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
From experience I think that you should only play at the tables that you can see and that you feel that you are concentrated and realizing what is happening in each one of them, when you play many sooner or later you lose and it is difficult to take advantage of that, quality is better than quantity, I think that a maximum of 6 is very acceptable to be 100% focused and not give any advantage, maybe playing several tables will work for someone but in my case it is not like that:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Start with two and work up to max 4 probably watch out for mental fatigue as you will get tired faster at least until you get your battle rhythm down

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The more tables, the shorter the time to watch each game. With more than 6 months, I focus more on my cards and risk more than usual.

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Don't think 10 can do a big profit

R

Redman1902

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Also depends on the format. If you play a Fast Fold format, where reads don't have such a strong meaning and you have a rather mechanical way of playing, your winrate won't be affected that much. However, I'm talking about my personal experience with a maximum of 3 Fast Fold tables at a time.

Still i prefer quality over quantity. Good Luck

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Does anyone have tips for playing multiple tables at the same time? For example, play 10 cash game tables at the same time without losing a lot of revenue.:confused:
at most I play 4 tables zoom 6-max and a couple more tables (tournaments) I can’t anymore and it doesn’t make sense, so concentration is lost and you make suboptimal decisions

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think best number of tables is the number where you can keep the A game.
Also try using hotkeys for F , this will same good time

iwont20

iwont20

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
You increase the number of cash tables you play only when you are winning on the number of tables that you can already play. So "losing a lot of revenue" is not an option, since you're supposed to win already, and in order to increase your winnings hourly you increase the number of tables you play.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A tip for multi-table play is to make a plan before the session for standard actions such as open positions, fold, check, etc. this will free you from unnecessary delays in making decisions.

S

skeptix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I won't mention the software, they might not be active anymore, but in the past I've used software that assisted in multi-tabling. It would bring the most important table to the front for your action and you used the 10 key pad to make decisions. Was able to play 30 tables at a time this way!

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The maximum number tales you should be playing is dependant on the advise given above and your screen space.

I would say that the ability to quickly determine your status on each tale without having to squint to see what is happening. So your maximum number of tables should be dependant on keeping the tales large enough on the screen to see clearly.

U

unadonk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does anyone even play multitable - I can do 2 tournaments at a time but beyond that its bad. I dont understand how anyone can work 20+ at a time - I figure those have to be bot-assisted somehow.

S

SpaceMage

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How does anyone even play multitable - I can do 2 tournaments at a time but beyond that its bad. I dont understand how anyone can work 20+ at a time - I figure those have to be bot-assisted somehow.

Those tabling on 20+ tend to be using poker HUDS.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should only play an amount of tables that you can see what's happening in all the tables, because otherwise you will not be able to take notes of other players. I usually play 6 tables at maximum.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I haven't done this since the poker boom for online cash games and I have trouble doing this even at playchip tables now but you would have to be a winning player at one table first with a sound strategy that you could look at a random table with a glance and know where you are in a hand.

The first step would be starting hand recognition then the next is being able to judge a flop with a glance then the next to know exactly what you're looking for in the next streets. And what a lot of folks don't get is its all preplanned by the starting hands. Then its just a matter of practicing with more and more tables. You have to get used to playing and responding in a timely manner at the tables and it only comes with practice. Once you can do that and you're a winning player then you can add more tables.

You can do it with holdem but its a lot more involved when you do it with the stud variations like razz, stud8 and stud because you have to keep track of cards on other folks boards so its more difficult to play more of the stud variations than holdem because it requires more memorization.

If you're a losing player in whatever you play then you will lose more money doing this so you have to be honest and know what you're doing. Some people will play better with more tables because they get bored with one so its really more of a psychological thing than anything, but again, you will have to honestly judge your play and that of your opponents to see if this is the best thing for you to do.

Poker Tips