Tips for playing multiple tables at once

playinggameswithu

playinggameswithu

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a quantitative strategy...but cash game is quantitative.I suggest you learn to get better by playing at max 4 tables cash and increasing your buyin to 35 buyins. play two tables at 20 buy ins creates a better structure for yourself.if you are going to do 10 you might as well play tight and straight forward only on 25 tables.

n1nja

n1nja

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not convenient for me to play more than 2 tables simultaneously. And on 10 tables I think rarely who can play normally. If more than 4 tables I think then people play with high pairs or premium hands.

Leomil

Leomil

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Go adding one table at time, and when you see you will be playing tables enough! ;D

gotace503

gotace503

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i have played six games and its tough. because your so focused on the games you tend to call hands quicker and not enough time really think about it. the way i do it with multiple tables is fold and fold and only play great hands. but its fun..

S

Santistakill

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Always start playing with the amount you are comfortable with, and over time it will evolve into more tables!

Kingpoetmusic

Kingpoetmusic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately it's been two tables at once for me. I feel that one table is boring sometimes. I tend to fold more with two tables open at the same time. Usually two tournaments at the same time is what I like.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
the thing is not to just click on autopilot. You need to think actively about what you are doing and why. I find multitabling mentally taxing after say an hour... take a break

bekel285

bekel285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It takes time to be comfortable playing multiple tables. I played 8 for the last few months of 2017 but have dropped to 6 as I'm more comfortable playing 6.

proud2Bwhack

proud2Bwhack

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you should be well below your true level of play if taking on 4 plus tables at a time.

I have seen a guy play over 40 at a time but he kept it to the bottom of the microstakes

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you are good at playing poker, then you can run 4-6 or more tables, why not play and not win money, but if you do not play well then it's better to play on one or two tables and try to win money - and gain good experience in the game, it is better to first learn how to play on one table or on two tables and then probyvat open 3-4-5 tables or more!

infonazar

infonazar

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Usually, I play at the same time 2-3 tables. If the number of tables is more, I start to lose concentration and lose. I believe that increasing the number of tables should be gradual.

G

Grearix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suggest you just play at one, max two tables a time. Poker isn't just about statistics. You will loose money if you play on multiple tables. It's easy to see who is playing multiple tables and only plays according to the statistics, easy fish. So my advice, don't be that fish.

D

deeggr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Doing this will most likely cost you much more money than you will probably be willing to lose.

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I think that 10 tables are too many. I usually play 1-2 games and sometimes up to 4. Most of the times I play 1 or 2. I think that if you play more you cannot watch the games, which means you cannot see very valuable informations about the games like the maths of the game and the behavior of the other players. The study of these informations lead you to the best results!

Empress

Empress

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, I can only play *WELL* a max of 4 tables at once. I can play up to 7-8, but I'm not paying as much attention as I should.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I started with two then increased to four but found four is my limit.:):):)

P

Pulsar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For starters, as many people write, you need to play one or two tables, and with the acquisition of experience to expand the number of tables to the optimal, controlling your bankroll!

bighert2

bighert2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Whenever I have played several mtt at one time, eventually one will become the focus off my attention; and I usually find myself getting out of line accidentally/on purpose.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep track of how you are doing, ROI and $/hr, optimise income and fun.
When adding tables, ROI will go down, however $/hr will go up until ROI goes down too much.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
I can play max.4,but most successfully 2 fables at one and the same time.

TrillUziVert

TrillUziVert

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I would play multiple tables, I would only do about 3 at max. Any more after that, I feel like you would miss some details of the play and start losing chips.

Poker Tips