time to tackle multi table

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tackle the multi table.... i have tried this many times but i herd that it can be very profitable i just posted on a thread that 1 tabling is good so you can focus all the player's but if i play extremely tight does it matter about knowing the player's say i 3 table with a 60 dollar bankroll at the 0.05/0.10 buying in for 4 dollars at 3 tables witch is 12 dollars of my bankroll and if i just grind it out is it possible for me to multi table! i like to play sit and go's too and I'm pretty sure i would rather risk 4.40 then 2 2.20 games so I'm just talking about cash games :p

would like as much feedback as possible

Q

quads

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know your just asking about cash games, but considering you haven't received any response to you question, I'll through in my personal opinion which could help.

I'm not a fan of more then 2 games at once. Occasionally, in the beginning of a mt tournament, when I'm real tight killing the first hour or so, playing only strong hands and recognizing where the bad players are sitting; I'll jump on a full table sng. If I'm just playing sng's, I'll start one, and if I'm still there when half the players are gone, I'll start a second one. While the short table is picking up momentum, the full table is at its slowest. If I'm into a 4 or 5 hour session, I'll keep starting a second one after one finishes of course with the same gap. If you hit the board a couple times in a row, the timing to start second game seems to be right on target. In a 5 hour session usually end up with 9 to 11 sngs. When its time to start a second game, I'll jump into any table that's filling up quickly with between $30.00 and $100.00 buy-in. If your finishing more then 11 games in a 5 hour session you're probably not having a good day. Even if I was planning on a 5 hour session, I've been known to pull the plug in less then 3 hours. Many days won't be good ones. If on a good run, will occasionally jump into a bigger game.

This is the only way I find myself playing my best game and being a contender. I've tried 3 and 4 games several times in the past, and always made mistakes, or found myself just playing the cards dealt to me. I believe while playing online it's critical to locate the bad players, along with betting patterns opponents occasionally give away. These rare tells online take time and attention to recognize, and hope that your right when you try to use them. Playing 4 or more games your obviously playing more of a percentage game based on your pocket cards.

I know there's plenty of different software support programs we use, that track our play and our opponents making online some what easier with so many different players we face. Although this information is helpful, I like judging my opponents play based on how their playing today, right now at my table. Players games can improve quickly online, and my software may not recognize it quick enough. I may have played someone 30 times in the past, but haven't seen him in months.

I know of two guys that play multi games as a team side by side with a few computers. One plays the games, while one feeds all the known information into a program, which I'm going to assume is an illegal bot. They play either the percentages or the bots recommendations. When I see one of them, I always ask how their doing, and never seem to get a straight answer, or ever found out what the program was they were using.

I've read of people playing 6, 8, and 10 games at once. I would suspect some super programming going on there. It has to be percentage play. Don't know if that strategy works. But I know I wouldn't even consider it.

As you could see I'm also not a fan of cash games online. Although I dabble in them when bankroll looking good, never seem to do well with it except for the occasional strike. Yet, love them live. To many different things going on with cash games online. Thats another topic in itself.

Anyhow, good luck with what ever you do and keep us posted.

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you for your feedback and i will :)

buckster436

buckster436

Cardschat Hall of Famer - RIP Buck
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in my opinion Multi-Tabling is not a good idea, i lost lots of $$ doing that, as for freerolls, your not putting any of your money up, so if you do it in freerolls you cant lose your money,, i dont do it anymore,i stick to 1 game at a time,if possible, buck:cool:

Effexor

Effexor

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I actually do better when I multi table. This is most likely due to the fact that I don't get bored and start playing garbage hands. Now it all depends on the table, but at the micro limits people generally don't know how to fold, so things like making position raises and bluffing aren't very profitable. I'm not saying that you can't play the people and not the cards, it's just that I've found that playing tight and waiting for good hands seems to work better at these levels since they will pay you off when you do get the big hands.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

Last night I played three $11 SNG's at the same time. I even shut the TV off since it was keeping me well occupied. The only time it got tough was when I got to the top 3 in all tables, 2 of which were heads up. Ended up placing 1, 2 and 3. Now that I think about it, it might also be due to the fact that I don't over think the hands.

KMC1828

KMC1828

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i usually 2-3 table 18 man SnG's. i usually finish in the money in at least one of them and if i get 3rd place in only 1 of them i get my $$ back + a few more bucks. but if i come in 2nd or 1st, i make decent money.

it just works pretty well with my basic strategy for these 18 man SnG's because i basically just sit around and wait for big hands to double up on or take nice pots down with and wait for other people to knock each other out. playing more than 1 table keeps me patient.

ChuckTs

ChuckTs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make sure you've got a high enough winrate at your current stakes before you move up to multiple tables.

You should have experienced the most common situations hundreds of times (like facing a 3-bet with JJ, or playing AK OOP vs a calling station etc) so that you don't think about them too long, and playing becomes almost an automated, mechanical thing.

I play STTs, and it's pretty rare that I come up with a situation where I have to really think about it. Most of the time we're shortstacked and it's an easy push/fold situation, but occasionally you get a good thinking hand. When I do encounter one of these hands, I want to make sure I can handle the other tables beeping at me for my turn so that I can actually deal with the tough one.

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you guys for your feedback!

stormswa

stormswa

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is a simple answer to this, if you can do it then do it if you cant then dont.

multi tabling will lower your win rate for each individual table but will higher your overall winrate through your sitting. You need to find the right amount of tables, mine is 4. Anything more and my individual table win rate is too much and I can not compensate it. At 4 tables I can easily overcome the individual loss's at each individual table by playing 4. Make sense?

T

tigertight

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes it does!
still looking for more feedback!