Time to start a new bankroll....

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I started with $20 sometime in July. Got that up to around $160 by mid-August. I lost all of that on one dunken night playing the penny tables (thats an amazing feat in itself). With no other way to deposit I'm stuck freerolling it back up. Finally today I win enough in a freeroll to do something with. I got $2 in a JetSet freeroll.

Lets see where I can get this bankroll up too playing the penny tables and $1 SnG's. By the way I have already lost 50 cents of it on the penny tables and $1.25 invested in a SnG. Lets hope this encourages me a bit.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck in the SnG. Patience is the key in the cheap ones. Play solid poker like you know you can and see where it takes you. And remember, at least you aren't playing with the rent money.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
nope I dont have a lot of free money so I've told myself that I would deposit $20 evey month or so. Well problems crashed that idea. I'm currently 2nd in the Sng with 4 left (3 get paid) and the blinds are getting big. Started the game with QQ and then KK first 2 hands :D

Alon Ipser

Alon Ipser

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
May I make a couple of suggestions. First, just play limit ring games until you get a good base BR amount. I say limit because it is safer. If you play NL and get a monster hand and then bad beat on the river you could go broke in 1 hand. Not as likely in limit. Second, dont play SnGs until you make the buy in over your base BR. Good luck

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm horrible in ring games. Plus on JetSet the cheapest fixed limit ring game is .25/.50. Thats a little steap with a $2 bankroll. My biggest moneymaker is the SnG's. I usually place in 2 ot of 3. JetSet's SnG's pay top 3 so if I can place in my first 2 (made 2nd on the first one). I should get an extra buy-in. I'm basically just hoping to not get unlucky in my first couple games and if I do I should get enough GoPoints to enter a 'GoPoint for cash' Tourney.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ive gotta suggest the $1 45 player sit and go's on pokerstars here. They are the way i started and in fairenss they still are easy pickings, i played one a few weeks back just to check, and yep still play like ammmm a play money game.

Stars also has NL rings for 1c 2c blinds, and limit for 5c 10c. So if it a site your looking to deposit on then give it a shot.

Oh yea, Deep Stack tournaments for $1 :)

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I have now way of depositingat the moment. If I bring my freeroll winnings up enough to withdraw I might try my luck on stars. I kinda like JetSet the most though.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I think I'm done for the day. I was in 3 1.25 SnG's finished 2-8-3 (top 3 get paid). 2 sessions at the 1c/2c tables. Lost 50c on the first one and won 46c on the second. Right now my bank stands at: $3.66

I know its not much but it's a gain. Once I hit $10 I'll play for 1st more than just placing. Just for fun I'll keep this updated.

Scrappy

Scrappy

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep us updated jimbo looks like your doing good.

JeeDub84

JeeDub84

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Very nice for free money. Maybe you want to start another thread to keep track of your progress?

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I might start a new thread when I break $10. I still might lose it all :D After a couple quick sessions (15-20 mins) at the 1c/2c tables I'm up to $5.17. I have some errands to run and I'll devote much of tonight playing.

C

chris640

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does Jetset have many freerolls on it because im looking for another place to play freerolls on. Full Tilt only has free rolls at 12 and the top 18 out of 900 get paid so im looking for something new

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ummm...I think they have cash freerolls every 3 hours or so. Usually its a $50 prize 54 places paid. 1250 max entries usually only 800 or so sign up. Not to very hard to place.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm calling it quits today while I have something left to play with. Came in 3rd in my first SnG, up a doller. Got talked into entering a $2.75 pot limit MTT. I'm pretty good at pot limit and there was only 2 tables, finished 8th (4 paid). Lost some on the 1c/2c rings, last in a SnG, lost a little more in the rings. My end of day talley is 0.88. I need to work magic tomarrow.

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Let us not forget the "Lessons in bankroll management:" that Dorkus kindly keeps in his signature.

Toadly said:
When you win 66% of teh time playing with 33% of you bank roll puts you in no danger
Toadly said:
...anyway once I was winning 2 out of 4 sessions regularly I was willing to play at anyone time up to half of my total bankroll.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I'm busted. But.....I just won $3.00 in a promotional tournament. Lets see where that goes.

CueMaster71

CueMaster71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Keep going Jimbo, I started the same way, playing 0.10c buyin SnGs, and in under six months I'd built up over $1000, never needing to reload from my pocket.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
.10c SnG's...where are those at? I could do a lot of damage with those.

DESSERTLADY

DESSERTLADY

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JimboJim,

I play alot at Jetset myself Infact that's where my BR sits right now except for Titan, of which is all Freeroll money and it goes up some when I play the buyins with CC.

If you have any GoPoints on Jet, they have the GoPoint tournies that every once in awhile you can play for cash for them. One thing I don't care much for Jetset is the list of tournaments completed, many are taken off of there a few hours later.

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea, I'm in the GoPoint Tournys whenever I see them. Generally I only enter when my bankroll is getting low (like now). Every once in a while I'll play on the play chip tables just to earn a couple GoPoints.

CueMaster71

CueMaster71

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jimbo, BlueSQ has the 0.10c tourneys. It also has 1c (yes, ONE CENT) MTTs that get almost 1000 entrants!!

JimboJim

JimboJim

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I might try them out some day.

UPDATE on my bank...I have $1.38
I havent been playing much the last couple of days but I keep going up and down. I'm doing something wrong because I should be gaining. I've been winning a lot of sessions, going into a table with .50c and leaving with $2 and such. I dont know what it is but I'll find it.

pokerpro06

pokerpro06

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck with that Jimbo, lets hope you have some self control and don't go crazy when you do build it up a little

Jack Daniels

Jack Daniels

Charcoal Mellowed
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ouch was that a shot at me JD lol

No, this wasn't meant as a shot at you (although I do recall why you ask). No it was just another means of support for the OP. :)

Bankroll Building - Bankroll Management