Three in a Row

CDNMAN 42

CDNMAN 42

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I guess you could call this a hat trick (hockey term for scoring 3x)

Playing GG Poker, SpinNGold
my hand AA. Opp All in with 77, yep rivers a 7
my hand AK Opp all in with 88. flop AKx turn 9 river 8
my hand KK Opp ....KK. both all in..Opp has Spade and Club. 4 spades on board

Really Variance? Must be. At least that's what GG Poker calls it....:):):)

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I guess you could call this a hat trick (hockey term for scoring 3x)

Playing GG Poker, SpinNGold
my hand AA. Opp All in with 77, yep rivers a 7
my hand AK Opp all in with 88. flop AKx turn 9 river 8
my hand KK Opp ....KK. both all in..Opp has Spade and Club. 4 spades on board

Really Variance? Must be. At least that's what GG Poker calls it....:):):)

CDNMAN 42 - funny you make a note of this because my recent results with the Spin & Gold all but mirrors this precisely.

To be honest, I just play either the Spin & Gold or the Flip & Go via their daily rewards. So I am more than grateful - particularly as I have cashed multiple times, and just cashed a Flip & Go yesterday.

That said, my initial success with the Spin & Gold has withered noticeably with some absurd run outs. The impression I get is with the low level Spin & Gold it feels the winning seat is pre-set, and no matter how you play, with a strong hand or not, aggressively or not, the outcome is going a specific way. Its odd, because with GG one thing I really like is 'rabbit hunting' hands during regular play because you can see how the hand plays out after folding. It therefore feels as though there is little contrived with the regular deal.

So, to be precise once I started playing the Spin & Gold (about 6 weeks ago after a fiasco with GG taking an eternity to verify my ID - though I had been a member for months) I had an initial run of cashes. Since, I have failed to cash once in an entire month.

Even if the daily entries were split between the two promos fairly, that means I have entered at least 15 Spin & Golds against just two other players and failed to win a single one. The odds do not add up (especially when I am now cashing in the Flip & Go at a faster rate where it is a coin flip against a full table). I am chalking it up to variance and attempting to keep the skepticism in check, but the run outs you cited were so similar to mine, I was instantly prompted to reply.

As with any such matter, to be fair, if I my 'luck' turns I will come back and admit so.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I said if my luck turned I would return and admit so...and it finally did. After not winning any for close to a month, I have now won a couple over a few days.

The odds of winning are still something to question particularly a they are 33% at the outset but its free money for simple checking in so it is appreciated.

M

merlin44

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
these hands are standard mate, be focus in the long term results