thoughts on playing private games

500hpawd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What are everyone's thoughts on playing in the private games put on by forums? Do you enjoy them more than the regular field MTT's because more people know each other? I feel like even though there's less cash in them most of the time I feel like the play is better than the AVG micro stakes games. More or less its bragging rights with friends.

B

brettlums

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Private games seem to bring better players who are trying to improve or trying to build a bankroll so you get a lot less players jamming everything for no reason

vov4ik

vov4ik

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, in private games it is better to play than in other tournaments, I like to play games with a small number of players!

S

SlowRollAA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I enjoy the private games more, less people coming in and punting their entire stack with any cards.

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For sure private games are much more interesting than freerolls if you want to improve your skills and see true poker. For me private games are about skill and nice game, not endless and empty-headed all-ins etc.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do enjoy the private games more :)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I believe private games are a good way to determine your status among peers, although I wouldn't know that here (hint, hint). Still waiting on the invite. No pressure to the admins, lol. I'd love to get to know more players here. :heeeellll

D

duson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Private games usually give people the opportunity to play people that are both better and worse then them so it's can be a fun and education experience. I started poker playing home games with friends and I was the worst for the longest time until I wasn't and that's when it became fun obviously.

Top 10 Games