Is there really a random dealing of poker cards online

Jay R

Jay R

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I’m encouraged to say something about poker & I must say this website isn’t easy to navigate nor understand: let me pose a question which I think is true, which may help poker players: Are the cards you are dealt when playing online poker truly random?
Much like: Is slot machine truly random?
For me, the answer to both is No.
That is one of the reasons players with small stacks seldom win poker tournaments. The computer program favors the big stack.
So to win at poker, instead of going ALL IN every hand.. which is a stupid strategy long run. Realize if your opponent has 100,000 chips & you have 10,000, the big stack has a big advantage to suck out. There is a bias for the player the more chips one accumulates.
I think there is this bias, because the house wants you to lose & speed up the game. So put that into you’re calcifications when you decide to go all in or make a sizable bet. Unless you have the “nuts” low stack will miraculously get sucked out over & over.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is poker and it takes patience. Recently, I often go far with a small stack. The question is why are you in a short stack game, what did you do wrong? The answer to this question is simple, you need to constantly work on the game and analyze it.