There is racism in online poker

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don´t think so... just there is countrys that you preffer avoid in a table by is way of play, like Russia or Brazil.
And what does racism have to do with it. In an extreme case, it is nationalism. Why is it always these two countries to blame for the fact that you cannot win?:)

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It amazes me with the amount of racism I see in the chat. As well as other verbal attacks such as homophobic behavior. Disgusting and immature. I can’t imagine ever saying or even thinking of some of the things I read. Makes me very upset and angry to see this behavior. Saddens me to think there are people like that out there. I know these people are likely to never behave this way in public. They are horrible people and I feel bad for them but realize they are likely cowards and hide behind a computer in their mom’s basement.

G

goodsaint

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Having played online for 13 years, I've witnessed or been subject to numerous racist rants and/or remarks. I usually suggest the offender to take up knitting as it's good for anger management. However, if the behavior persists then I've had no problem reporting the issue.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't know if there is racism in why online, because you just don't know who is behind each avatar or each photo. They can insult me and make malicious comments after a bad hand, but I may be a blonde girl from Beverly Hills and the person who is insulting me may think that I am an African American from Memphis ... I think that racism is unfeasible in practice as a practice. online poker, although I do believe that it is a hateful ideology that undermines all levels of life, including online poker.

tonzinho7620

tonzinho7620

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there are always people wanting to disappoint you or even do it to feel good

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend you are absolutely right there are people who just want you to get angry to cause you to play bad poker

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

The truth from my point of view if in every sense not only in live poker but also online according to the nationality of each player, even though nobody knows that it could leave a third world country

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)]
[/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][COLOR=var(--link-color)][/COLOR][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

jhunnyorcruz

jhunnyorcruz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am Brazilian o and I always have many insults when I win a hand, the idea some have never witnessed on line racism is a little surprising to me.

jhonsoto83

jhonsoto83

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am Brazilian o and I always have many insults when I win a hand, the idea some have never witnessed on line racism is a little surprising to me.

Of course, that is very rare that many do not want to talk about racism in online poker

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

newelis74

newelis74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The truth is that yes, you always see some racist insults from people without brains ...

As in all areas ...

As I said people without brains, you can not do more than repudiate them, the only ones that can retaliate in this case are the PAGES!

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As long as you have people who identify themselves as a specific group that is different from another group, we will see racial/gender/age/ etc discrimination.
This is not limited to any one type or set of activity, but a product of the beliefs of those individuals.

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I don't think there is racism if unfortunate comments from some members make their heads fail

Bobbybones1950

Bobbybones1950

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I Haven't seen any racial Bad remarks I certainly hope that they can be reported and perpetrators be Banished

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism in poker!..

It's pretty obvious that racism exists in everyday life, so it's very likely to experience it ar a poker table(live or online). People always felt the need to be better that the human right next to them. So if money is involved in the mix it's gonna get wild!!

D

davies_r7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No lo creo en absoluto, solo ves cartas y nada más, el póquer es universal para las personas a las que les gusta jugar y ganar un buen premio.

A

ankoum

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've never seen one but I know there is. I usually see a lot of insults but it is not related to the color / religion of the opponent but often to his mother.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Haven't noticed any racism but I have experienced a lot of hate because I'm so good looking.

P

PALMTREEPOKER9

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
this post is so stupid it hurts. How is there racism at online tables when you cant even see who's on the other end of the computer. Literally how could you ever know the race of the other people at the table? No online poker site has incredibly complex code to alter its RNG for every individual player based upon the amount of money that has been deposited in your account. Stop being an idiot, and start being smart. Theres no racism, classism, or inequity in online poker.

Last edited:
Y

yuurepoer

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism comes from people.. Where there are people, there's racism..

Why would online poker be any different ??

cloroquiner

cloroquiner

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Racism comes from people.. Where there are people, there's racism..

Why would online poker be any different ??

I totally agree with you. Perhaps most don't even see racism itself, because they don't know what the person on the other side looks like.

However, xenophobia is much more common, because all players have their nationality next to their username.

H

Hanosch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly. There has been (more or less) official poker schools claiming you should watch out for russian/french... players because they are the softest to play and win against. That was pretended to be basic knowledge 10 years ago. If thats the official public statements i dont even wanna know whats in the dark there.

nativehero2015

nativehero2015

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
YES and NO racism is bad, maybe time its time to remove the flag of country of origin, by your avatar give the option to put up a pirate flag, olympic flag, pride flag, lamborghini flag, ford flag or no flag at all..... use real names etc.... just a thought

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Unfortunately Yes. It happens in all aspects of life. There are the few sad morons out there that believe they are better than everyone else.
Whether it be color, race or creed, They always try to justify their own Ignorance by being abusive.

Best way to deal with them is to Block,Ignore or even report them to the sites management.