Are there poker bots?

L

luckyrnmd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sure, in all rooms in cash or hu sng. On ps in cash there are not so much as in other rooms.

K

killbello

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah many bots out there but rooms are fighting hard, ACR is a room that many times block a lot

ga25x

ga25x

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes they are. Rooms have special staff to fight them.

LadderingUp

LadderingUp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots def exist and you can purchase them fairly easy, which I think is the first travesty. The sites do security to try and ban the bot accounts but I think they should go after the bot sites that sell them. I know that might be harder. I think its not always easy to see them in game, people think that a real donkey play that hits is automatically a bot, but I dont think thats always the case.

L

lablelarry

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was playing one on one against someone the other day, and seemed like they were folding faster than humanly possible after dealing...was pretty sure was a bot , a bad one that would keep doing the same thing

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes plus lots of collusion.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I do believe that there are poker bots on poker sites. Sometimes there is no way that someone should be in hands when they have absolutely nothing but the turn or river gives them the nuts, the only way they could have known if they are a computer.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do online poker sites use bots? Is it illegal? I play on a particular site and every single game I play, it’s against the same person. They never respond in chat and the other player (3 person game) also believes the player in question is a bot. These games are for real money, so the use of a bot seems very sketchy. Any insight??
And what kind of room? I believe that bots no longer exist in modern rooms. I also don't answer anyone during the game - my chat is turned off. As for the players, I also play with the same ones. Since I have notes on them.

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There are poker bots for sure, i was commissioned (our company) to provide a quote to write some. They never signed probably because we charged too much

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Refunds to players and reports of bots being banned from main sites clearly show that there are bots and that they are a problem. The only question is how many of them are there and how sophisticated?

Alexey Shley

Alexey Shley

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I've heard a lot about poker bots and it was always interesting for me to meet him. Although many rooms say that they are removing and blocking bots from the room, I don’t know whether this is true or not. I hope we are honest players.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If the site wants me to show that I am not a bot, there must be a bot.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do online poker sites use bots? Is it illegal? I play on a particular site and every single game I play, it’s against the same person. They never respond in chat and the other player (3 person game) also believes the player in question is a bot. These games are for real money, so the use of a bot seems very sketchy. Any insight??
I believe it is full of bots in software.
It makes me not invest in my poker career anymore. It's too sad.:smile:

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have always believed there are bots,but it makes a big difference what they do and how they do it!. If it's just for notification of particular hands, then i don't see a problem. However, i believe companies use them to "clean up " all the little guys, leaving the big depositors and professional gambler who make them a lot of money. Just my opinion....;)

J

Jkj19886

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to at least give the sites the benefit of doubt but sometimes its hard not to think something's going on. Like the other night im playing on betonline and guy calls a 10k bet with 4 7 offsuit which was a little over half his stack and mine rebuy and late reg was over already, i had 10 10 and he flopped 2 pair and makes it even worse was he was 1st to act after blinds

ChrisCreys

ChrisCreys

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish to know the true about this too.