Are there poker bots?

M

Malloryd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots

Do online poker sites use bots? Is it illegal? I play on a particular site and every single game I play, it’s against the same person. They never respond in chat and the other player (3 person game) also believes the player in question is a bot. These games are for real money, so the use of a bot seems very sketchy. Any insight??

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Bots

Even if we assume that they exist, what it changes. Except that they can be blamed for their failures. Better to analyze your game.

G

GAPete159

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Even if we assume that they exist, what it changes. Except that they can be blamed for their failures. Better to analyze your game.
I think we all know they exsist. But I agree, you should analyze your play. Bots, will get lucky at times, but then so does a human player.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes they do exsist, players on ACR sometimes recieve money when they are caught and thier winnings are caught quick enough.

R

redmast

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignoring your messages does not mean that this is a bot and not a player. Maybe this player is sitting at several tables and he has no time to answer in the chat. Most players don't chat at the tables.

stepper

stepper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker online = bot ??

Do you think there are bots added to poker? I've read a lot of theories about it, and a lot of people think that when you play online, of course there are people, but also bots that get better hands .. what do you think about such theories?

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think this was debunked a while ago, at least on the main poker sites. That said, I’m sure there are computer experts who can design a program to play based on algorithms and make plays based on percentages and odds. I guess that would be a form of “bot” but as far as poker sites having their own bots playing, I’d say no.

puzzlefish

puzzlefish

student of the donk arts
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
If there are bots operated externally, which is a fact, then it isn't much of a stretch that there would be bots or "test accounts" operating internally on poker sites. If anyone has any sources regarding "debunking" poker sites having their own bots, I would love to read about that.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
When you say 'bot' its one thing. When you say 'get beter hands' its whole another thing.
In first case its simply a program that imitates player and poker rooms fight with those.
But saying someone is dealt beter hands its accusing poker room of cheating. Thats a whole different topic of can you trust online poker or not.

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I've had a few all-ins that have made me wonder... like a 4-6 or a 9-3, and they hit their full house at a key moment of a big pot.

Things that make you go ummmmm. :)

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
I think obviously bots exist, but I do not see anything wrong with that. I am just trying to play right and make good decisions. There are bots or not, but the game gives me pleasure.
Good luck.

COMIRRR

COMIRRR

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I trust PS, I play there, I think it's a secure poker room with many security systems but that doesn't mean there aren't computer experts trying to make easy money through fraud, I hope I'm not the one paying!

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'd say that most major poker rooms are very good at not allowing bots on their site, so I would say you don't have to worry about it!

R

Richardszabo

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I also read a lot in this regard. I have to say that unfortunately there are bots in online poker and unfortunately there will be. I think over time, poker rooms need to take a serious step to push back the bots!

D

ddsnoops

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The big sites a def no to bots - They have a reputation to uphold and would not ever risk it, smaller sites maybe

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are bots on the unregulated sites and they don't care the bots pay rake.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only the bot itself can answer this question. The point is different, no matter how much to justify in this matter - there will still be those who believe that bots exist by design. And there will be many of them.

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
poker rooms get enough profit from each hand, I do not think that they would want to lose their reputation for a small thing if it turns out that they use bots and thus engage in fraud.

Leeyonah96

Leeyonah96

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no bots. Poker clients are updating their security systems.

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is something that the rooms are constantly fighting to eradicate so I am calm about how they handle this issue, I feel safe today, maybe a few years ago it could be given very frequently but even so the rooms had solutions to that problem:jd4::jd4::jd4::jd4:

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
A bot is a program that does not always get the best hands, it just makes the right decisions more often than you !!! I think there is no smoke without fire and bots are among us !!! Quite a different question in a way and how effectively poker rooms are fighting them !!!

D

Drake2

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I believe that there is not that because if there was a strong inspection it would end this scheme, but you never know, right.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Probably there are. I still can't believe how many hands i lost after going all in before river and that cruel river changes everything.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Probably there are. I still can't believe how many hands i lost after going all in before river and that cruel river changes everything.
U talking about superusers not about bots.