thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Hello everyone I hope you are safe and well <3
I have a couple questions :) and it maybe a little stupid/random :p

Do you use the notes when playing online poker?
I am now just starting to see the perks in full effect. (at least on pokerstars, my main playing site) There are probably a lot of things I should be writing down, if you have time maybe a quick tip? If not that is cool...friend <3 lol
Pokerstars keeps the notes, for freaking ever! A-mazing! Which has helped give me a better idea of who I am up against and that is a beautiful thing. Also, later on in tournaments if I am back with the same person, boom <3 I have a little history. That has already been very beneficial while betting.
BUT my main question which is technically the least important lol... have you ever wondered what people have written in their notes about you? I thought of this and pretty much died laughing.

"definitely not a bot"
"maybe new, maybe just a savage" :D
Thanks for your help or time or whatever :) Stay safe <3

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Notes really help with ranges. Trackers gives playing habbits. Should have both.

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I still use this auxiliary method so as not to forget the type of player that is my rival but even so it is not enough the best thing is to mark both on the table and in the notes important details of these players

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Notes really help with ranges. Trackers gives playing habbits. Should have both.

Holy moly, I have not even heard about trackers! Thank you mister (assuming, a deadly game now a days but it does say man in your name :D ) I am definitely off to check out more information on this.

billibooo

billibooo

thudlife
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
I still use this auxiliary method so as not to forget the type of player that is my rival but even so it is not enough the best thing is to mark both on the table and in the notes important details of these players

Thank you. I do this but I feel like I am still needing to write more. I find I am making my own shorthand versions of coding people too. Postiion, pre-flop mass betting. Reraising all this stuff I was leaving out. Smh I am getting more thorough now.
Taking notes has totally increased my game, just actually taking it serious and look at how people are playing to guess what they have. All the different layers Gah!!
It is all so new but such a great game!!!
Stay safe and thank you for your time :) and your advice

MrMagoo305

MrMagoo305

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I note everyone at my table and usually give them names. Like a Maniac always calling any 2 cards preflop. The tight and aggressive or the TAG is how note it. He's the one that calls only wen he has top pairs from Ax+ to TT. Then last but not least is the Rock player, this dude only calls with premium cards AA,KK,QQ and JJ.. Definitely good to identify these players at the table. Cheers!!

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hey Billi - I love notes and have them on most players at Cardschat (and on Pokerstars in general). I try to keep them as short as possible - LAGGY, Super Tight, Slowplayer, Sticky (i.e., won't let go of a small under pair or two over cards), Weak, Defends Blinds with anything, loves suited connectors, Flush Chaser, that sort of thing.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Notes are very important. The more information you have on a player the better.