superior Vs inferior

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many times have you got to the street with the superior hand only to have the river crush you? --------- my point being ..the algorithm is designed to play out to the last card so much......... also what differences have you noticed playing computer poker to real poker? :D:D

MrPokerVerse

MrPokerVerse

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is no difference in reference to what you are suggesting between live and online. Program randomly selects all cards, on every street. Every hand played can be found online. If it were as you suggested, people would recognize the anomaly. Poker client has no reason to run an "algorithm" to cheat players. If it was discovered, they would be out of business.

If you really think this is happening, why would you want to play? Go buy a lottery ticket instead. I'll answer the question you did ask however. My river hands going to showdown are with in the odds of the hand winning with a large hand history. It was the last time I checked.

badboydean00

badboydean00

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no difference in reference to what you are suggesting between live and online. Program randomly selects all cards, on every street. Every hand played can be found online. If it were as you suggested, people would recognize the anomaly. Poker client has no reason to run an "algorithm" to cheat players. If it was discovered, they would be out of business.

If you really think this is happening, why would you want to play? Go buy a lottery ticket instead. I'll answer the question you did ask however. My river hands going to showdown are with in the odds of the hand winning with a large hand history. It was the last time I checked.
thanks for your reply..............i was not suggesting cheating,,,,but 1 fact remains there is no such thing as RANDOM in computing ................programs cant free think............not yet anyway......................:ciao:

TheNutz4You

TheNutz4You

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
online poker rooms and live poker rooms for that matter, have absolutely zero incentive to rig the RNG to favor 1 player over another, or to drive action. They make metric tons of money from rake and rake alone. pokerstars for example is estimated to have made 1.4 BILLION USD from rake alone in 2018, of which 500 million was profit. Why would they rig the runout to gain $1.50 more in your game?

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I have lost countless times some critical flips on the river , I have won countless times on the river so it would be beneficial not to have selective memory.As for the comparison between live/online poker I think the above posters have shared my thoughts!

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for your reply..............i was not suggesting cheating,,,,but 1 fact remains there is no such thing as RANDOM in computing ................programs cant free think............not yet anyway......................:ciao:

That's not entirely true.

At poker stars, they shoot a laser into a semi-reflective mirror. Some of the light particles go through the mirror and some bounce off. A camera looks at the particles and the order in which they bounce off or go through. From there, a "0" or a "1" is assigned to each particle in order. The cards are sorted depending upon the order or zeros and ones.

It's completely 100% random.

ChickenArise

ChickenArise

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

At Poker Stars, they shoot a laser into a semi-reflective mirror. Some of the light particles go through the mirror and some bounce off. A camera looks at the particles and the order in which they bounce off or go through. From there, a "0" or a "1" is assigned to each particle in order. The cards are sorted depending upon the order or zeros and ones.

Honestly they say this so it sounds like they have some amazing hardware setup to generate their shuffles when in all reality its no different than what a CD Rom would do.

D

Dark Army

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly they say this so it sounds like they have some amazing hardware setup to generate their shuffles when in all reality its no different than what a CD Rom would do.

True but not true.

The RNG's that slots use in Vegas are based upon an algorithm and a seed number.

The seed number goes into the algorithm and spits out an answer. That answer corresponds to a spot on the reel which is usually a spot in between symbols that pay (In between a "7" and a "Bar" for example).

This is repeated millions of times until the algorithm happens to spit out the seed number. It then starts all over again.

A semi-reflective mirror is actually tracking a natural event like the number of times a bird flaps it's wings in a hour. It's completely random....more so than an algorithm.

Rui Ferreira

Rui Ferreira

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I've never played at a real table, just online but I've been watching a lot of real table games and the difference is both pre-flop and post-flop

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

At Poker Stars, they shoot a laser into a semi-reflective mirror. Some of the light particles go through the mirror and some bounce off. A camera looks at the particles and the order in which they bounce off or go through. From there, a "0" or a "1" is assigned to each particle in order. The cards are sorted depending upon the order or zeros and ones.

Funny that it sounds like you're describing a cd player.

skaniol

skaniol

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
how many times have you got to the street with the superior hand only to have the river crush you? --------- my point being ..the algorithm is designed to play out to the last card so much.........
Unless you use software to analyze the hands, that's hard to tell accurately. Most people will be less than accurate, overblowing the bad luck situations. Many biases and fallacies are in effect here, such as:

Appeal to probability
Argument from ignorance
Availability heuristic
Belief bias
Cherry picking
Confirmation bias
Hasty generalization
Illusory truth effect
Insensitivity to sample size
Negativity bias
Neglect of probability
Outcome bias
Pessimism bias
Retrospective determinism
Selective retention

Unless your adversaries have 0 outs to beat you on the Turn, then your hand is just a favorite, and it will lose on the River at least 1/44 (2.27%) of the time. If you FEEL this happens more often than it should, I suggest you to look at the empirical evidence instead. Use some software tool to analyze your hands, but make sure you have large enough sample size before you start making conclusions. I don't know what kind of tool people use for that nowadays. Just keep in mind that you may be surprised by the results <; The first time I used such a tool to analyze my luck, I found that instead of being very unlucky, I was actually slightly lucky... Yeah, these biases can mess up our perceptions like that.

One of the most important things in life is to avoid worrying about things you cannot control. Luck is one of these things.