Streaming online poker

The Monkey

The Monkey

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch a lot of Poker streamers on Twitch and it got me thinking. do you think you would play any differently knowing you are streaming live than you would if nobody were watching?

do you play more loose to make it more interesting for the viewers? do you play tighter because you are nervous about people criticizing your game? how important is it to engage with your audience over concentrating on the game?

R

Ricardo_lhp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when playing starring you stay more focused on the game, because you want to show all your knowledge and don't want to make the wrong moves for your audience, at least that's what most strems say in lives

naydanazar

naydanazar

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watch a lot of Poker streamers on Twitch and it got me thinking. do you think you would play any differently knowing you are streaming live than you would if nobody were watching?

do you play more loose to make it more interesting for the viewers? do you play tighter because you are nervous about people criticizing your game? how important is it to engage with your audience over concentrating on the game?
Well, most professional players do not interfere with this, and for beginners who just want to start their careers would be very distracting from the game and thinking:eek:

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello! When I play at home online, I completely immerse myself in the game and there’s nothing to distract me, I think it will also be in live poker with the audience, but the streamers do not care about the experience of such events.

Newzooozooo

Newzooozooo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Hi.
When I play poker, I try to make informed decisions first and foremost. Therefore, it is not just important to me how many people are watching my game.
Good luck.

dallam

dallam

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
To be honest streaming is for yourself first. It is a nice way to make yourself better while analysing yourself by talking to others. And your viewers may can entertain you, so if you're bored a little, why not. :D
I prefer youtube videos tho, cause there u can see only the most importabt actions and rest is cutted out.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems to me that a poker player before streaming, already has clear all those points that you mention. In my case, if I were a streamer, obviously I would like to show occasionally, but I would not change my game. Anyway, poker is what is going to feed you when you start to streme, since although being a professional player you still have a hard time having an audience.

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been watching on twitch for about a month now and really enjoying it. Several players talk about why they do what they are doing and then some are really no different from myself. I have learned alot and have started looking into streaming myself, it looks to be a little work but I really do not have anything better to do.

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am streaming from time to time Poker on Twitch too. I don't change my playing style for the attention/viewers, but I realized that for the additional concentration I have to play less tables. Talking, explaining my moves and keeping an eye on the chat (and reacting) costs me concentration and energy.

CAC1QU3

CAC1QU3

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im very mad, because in Poland poker online isn't legal, but i dont care and still playing.

Isn't it the same as in most European countries. It isn't legal, but it's more handled like a greyzone, because if it would be "really" illegal I think all the bank operators will block deposit :hmmmm2:

poliaris747

poliaris747

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A person gets used to everything, and after the first 20 sessions, it is probably just a game, and in parallel a conversation in front of a computer monitor. That's all.

RiverLord90

RiverLord90

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I thought about streaming at one point but I feel like it would distract me a little bit. I would be paranoid about making a really bad play in front of an audience and then get flustered and play even worse. If I make a bad play and no one is watching, I can usually recover from that pretty quickly.

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that if, to not discover my game, it is only 1 day, I would be giving my strategies to everyone

Mr.$t0k

Mr.$t0k

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
when I tried to make streams for my poker games but I didn’t succeed because I was distracted and lost because of this

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know about streamers coz i'm not one but I noticed that i play my best when i'm railed by a friend or my brother...
This started when I was on the summer league on cc where other members are railing i was at my best level

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I watched many sessions of online trainers. And most played either zero or minus, although they are winning regulars.

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are SO many streamers out there that do so many different things. Some single table, others multi-table and range from recreational players right up to top flight cash game/MTT players. There's so much out there to consume that you almost want to try seeing a little bit of everything to see what kind of streamer you like to watch.

Everybody will have different criteria as to what they look for in a streamer that they enjoy watching. It really comes down to individual tastes/preference. All I know is I think I would struggle if I had to stream and interact with chat. Those that do this, I tip my hat to you (folks like Jeff Gross, Jaime Staples, Lex Veldhuis, Tonkaaap for example).

I'm also not a professional player, so I don't think I would have as much to offer to the audience as others would, and it would be difficult to invest that kind of time. Like any endeavor, there are the top 5% that are very successful and then there's everyone else that are grinding really hard to get by. The thing that impresses me is the stamina it takes to be able to do this on a regular basis, which many streamers do. Poker's such a mentally challenging game just sitting behind your screen NOT broadcasting to the world, I can't imagine how much MORE challenging it is to broadcast, multi-table and still keep up with chat and interacting with your audience. But, I suppose that this is done with practice, as with anything. The more you work at it, the stronger you get.

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I think before you stream poker you need to stream ordinary games, for communication and that would not be so much distracted by the audience. In short, find that middle that will allow you to play like you would play yourself.