stopping time?

M

muddawgg

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how do you use your time? If i am close to the money. I will use the whole alotted time on my personal clock. I am waiting for other people to knock each other out. So i can make it to the money:)

shinedown.45

shinedown.45

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Why?, Do you not realize that taking time does not stop the timer on the blinds from increasing?
Are you that unsure of your own poker skills that you have to waste time just to get ITM instead of playing the table to get there?
If all of the above are true, then why even play a tourney if your just happy to play for 3 or more hours just to get your money back.
If you play just to make it ITM, then may I suggest freerolls.

To answer your question, I use my time to make a legitimate decision on playing a hand.

ripptyde

ripptyde

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the ONLY situation I would ever consider stalling is if the bubble was approaching and I had less than 1 bb. Other than that, stalling is pretty much completely retarded.

Chris_TC

Chris_TC

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the ONLY situation I would ever consider stalling is if the bubble was approaching and I had less than 1 bb. Other than that, stalling is pretty much completely retarded.
QFT, nothing more to say really.

When I play an MTT my goal is certainly not to barely make it into the money. What a waste of time. The final table is where it's at, everything else generally doesn't generate enough profit considering all the time put into playing.

Finishing barely in the money generally doubles up your buy-in. So does finishing 3rd in an SNG - which takes only a fraction of the time.

pezjb

pezjb

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Haha stalling the timer to bubble, I've seen someone do that before... *cough*donkey*spit*

Crummy

Crummy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The only time I stall the clock is when I am playing in a tournament and there is an A-Hole that keeps going all in. One of those, Ohhh I have an Ace in my hand, time to go all in and then sucks out the other people. Everytime they go all in I'll let time run out if I know I'm not going to call, then call the clock to request more time lol....Maybe I'm just a dick like that!

mixmaster_matt

mixmaster_matt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the worst is when it is hand for hand and people still stall with the timer. It is F$(*# hand for hand, stalling does nothing!!!