Stop Loss

Ventoman777

Ventoman777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The purpose of a stop loss is to get you out of a situation that will inevitably lead to further loss. All problems with the game have their reasons. Sometimes this is exactly the wrong choice of tables. Setting a stop loss will help you leave such a table in time. Sometimes, of course, you may just be unlucky. You can play as well as you like, but if the right cards don't come out and your opponents are constantly killing your made hands, you can easily get into a tilt state.

Tilt cannot be taken and simply turned off. Any player can experience it. However, you can control it if you know what exactly can drive you into tilt, and try to avoid such situations.

Q

Qrise

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
experience in the game can perfectly teach where to play and how much, and how to act correctly in each situation. If the player approached poker with a professional approach, of course! Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :icon_sant

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No stop will stop you if you decide to play to the last cent.)) In this case, only your will and prudence can stop tilt in the game. You play in cash and understand that the card does not go today, then you close the game.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes, I think that's good advice. Especially for those who can't slow down. The limit can be 10-15% of the bankroll.

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me the biggest difficult of online poker is to know when the stop to play and even after years, sometimes I still continue to play when I know that I shouldn't.

A

ataraxyan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, right stop loss is super important to keep. Like a machine gun needs some time to cool down so do your brains. I was always ruined when I broke the rule of my own stop loss.

C

CliffieDeuce

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My stop loss is when my bank balance is 0. Go big or go home....oh, wait. I am at home.

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bank size. Most often, the stop loss is about 10% of the bank. For example, if the bankroll is $ 500, then the maximum stop loss is $ 50. If you see that you have reached the set size, stop the game and think carefully.
Emotional stability. If you are confident in yourself and know that small losses will not unsettle you, then feel free to continue the game. However, if after losing three stacks you notice a nervous state and a loss of concentration, take a stop loss equal to those three stacks. You will definitely continue the game later.
It is better to stop losses while playing poker and think a little than regret your rash actions later.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The purpose of a stop loss is to get you out of a situation that will inevitably lead to further loss. All problems with the game have their reasons. Sometimes this is exactly the wrong choice of tables. Setting a stop loss will help you leave such a table in time. Sometimes, of course, you may just be unlucky. You can play as well as you like, but if the right cards don't come out and your opponents are constantly killing your made hands, you can easily get into a tilt state.

Tilt cannot be taken and simply turned off. Any player can experience it. However, you can control it if you know what exactly can drive you into tilt, and try to avoid such situations.
Whatever amount of bankroll I have sitting on poker sites is the stop loss and is not counted properly by me even if I have over a $1000 on a site for example it will still be assumed lost until withdrawn,
Real bankroll amount or figure only counts properly to me when sitting on my payment processors this is my coping mechanism for the wild swings that can occur that cause players to obsess about their rolls ups and downs tilt possibly and ruin their entire bankroll.:dontknow:

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play according to feel. If I roll good I play longer. But when cards are not coming my way. I stop and either try a different site...or wait for another day!

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At cash games i have stop lose , at tournaments im just close to win

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you lose a lot in some discipline, then it's not yours, you need to change the discipline or first learn to play poker))