My stats say I'm a total fish!?!?

D

Davlic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I watched my statistics in many sites. not correct statistics or not looking there. tell me on what sites are looking.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi

I have studied all the material available on the site poker stars school, in addition I watch a training video reading cognitive literature, listening to audiobooks with educational poker content, but it's all me, not really need, I play perfect poker, my potential is 75 - 80% of the winnings!

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
importantly, I enjoy the game. and sometimes I win.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Your stats likely include you beginning stages when you were probably not as skilled as now. The fact that you have taken the initiative to work on your VPIP and more than likely many other aspects says that you are not a fish (or won’t be satisfied with being one), I would look closer at recent stats more then anything. Sometimes results can be misleading as well. We can do everything right yet things don’t go well. Learning from our previous mistakes or successful plays, and continuing to make good decisions will lead to the right direction. All we can do is study our game and make proper adjustments, study hands, and the many available resources. Good thing about poker is it’s possible for anyone to improve if they are dedicated. Good luck.

S

ship1t

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyway, what do your stats say about you as a player? What have you done to improve your game? What have you learned? I'd love to read more from you guys! :ciao:

Stats tell you a story, but is it reliable?
many Hands means less fake stats.
big VPIP shouts 3-BET ME!
Profit means they have beat their field and may have a winning strategy.

The stat I'd be interested in is confusion rating.

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Interesting information about individual stats. I never knew that they kept records and calculated your stats on this site. Can someone tell me where and how to find them here thanks.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi! Read two books; Alan Schoonmaker: Your worst poker enemy and Your best poker friend! Excellent educational literature! Better certainly to listen to in audio format, in alpha Beta or Theta rhythms, whatever the subconscious mind accepted it and learned! Good luck!

B

Brayan9052

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the state of each one is not guided according to the "luck" factor but in the strategy that each one employs.

oneybiggs

oneybiggs

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i was thinking about trying to find out what my ROI is on stars to scare myself into playing more consistently,but i started recording my games instead,feet have hardly touched the ground since,three final tables (1st,3rd,4th) and 35th of 188 CardsChat freeroll.all yesterday,1st 3 were in the first 4 hours of the day...never in all my 6-7 years playing online have i been able to string them together like this...would still love to know what my ROI is on stars lol.

lexyyxel

lexyyxel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i feel that too when i lose tournament in late place, that herts a lot :p

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play poker more the 12 years and I'm still a fish, but BIG hehehe. I have read several books, the best ones like Dan Harrington, David Skansky, Gus Hansen, Negreano and so and so. I have about 20 poker books, but it doesn't make me a super player and, of course, I lose a lot when play players that did not read a single one. Like our friend Trancendence said above we find very good stuff at Pokestars School web page and at other sites to.
But what most make you get better on the stats is the "flying time". The more hands you play, the better player you become, learning with yours and the others mistakes.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps I will repeat myself, but no matter how much literature and various video tutorials you read and passed, online poker is roulette in 50-70% of cases. So it's useless to see who you are statistically.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Perhaps I will repeat myself, but no matter how much literature and various video tutorials you read and passed, online poker is roulette in 50-70% of cases. So it's useless to see who you are statistically.

If this were true, than good players would not win more often than bad players. The opposite is true however, as really good poker players usually beat the field. That means that there is a strategy (or two) that works. Yes there is chance in Poker, but it is not roulette.

sedlacekj

sedlacekj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I first looked up my stats, I found the same thing to be true, I was a big fish. I tightened up, learned something about opening ranges, and got better. I developed tight aggressive stats next, but then I lost more games. I have found it best to be a little bit loose from tight aggressive and be more exploitative. The biggest wins I have, I did not play TAG style. To be fair, I couldn't, as many exploitable players were at my table. I was way more profitable as a whale here. Against typical LAGs, sure TAG is good. The stats are only part of the story. You have to play the people at your table too. You have to do what gets them to give their chips to you. Know yourself, Know your enemy, Win the chips. (A little Sun Tzu for your poker).

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
My stats tell me I am spewer, I tell them to shut up, I will play how I damn like :p

P

psuedosuited

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is very good to be able to realize you are not playing correctly and to make the proper adjustments to improve your game!! You will feel a lot more comfortable playing if you stay within your ranges and be play position aware.

If you have not noticed, there is many players in the freeroll club that play with a high VPIP and low PFR and do a lot of limping and calling. The typical beginner types that want to see every flop.

Taking some time to study and learn the basic TAG strategy and ranges will pay off big time when you start making the final tables in the FRC tourneys and other games you play.

Typically any VPIP over 20 would be somewhat loose for full ring, somewhere around 14-18 Vpip with 10-16 PFR would be optimal for full ring, with obviously less hands opened from EP and more on the BTN. Also do less calling and more 3-betting. Cold Call% should be low, under 10% and 3-bet should be somewhere between 5-10%. Calling is usually a losing proposition as you give up the initiative and control of the betting which is very important.

Something esle you should consider is learning some push/fold strategy for when you have under 10bb worth of chips. In these shortstack situations it is optimal to just All-in or Fold, and learning when and where to push/fold will make a huge difference in your overall game.

Good luck!!

Vpip of 10-16? That seems really low.. I thought 20% was optimal...

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not know where to find my stats, but they must be bad as I never draw any money out.
Only make deposits. I never wanted to be a professional. Too nervous with large pots.

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
stats?
where can I find that?
I don't think I have any.
When curious, playing freerolls, I'll call anyone to expose their cards.
How do the stat's discrimintate between 'gathering information' and 'calling station'?
but, stat's are fantastic, you can prove anything with stats!

EvertonGirl

EvertonGirl

Professional Fish
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
stats?
where can I find that?
I don't think I have any.
When curious, playing freerolls, I'll call anyone to expose their cards.
How do the stat's discrimintate between 'gathering information' and 'calling station'?
but, stat's are fantastic, you can prove anything with stats!

It is true stats are very helpful, but don't read too much into them especially when you have only a few hundred hands on a certain player as you need thousands of hands to get a better read.