Statistics

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me where you get the statistics on the players at the table during the game

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tell me where you get the statistics on the players at the table during the game
If the player are unpredictable? You can't see this in statistic and one hand can mean the over:))

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
be carefull

statistics for micros to mids dont really matter cause the game will even out in the eand. If you can make finals and win a few and make it out of the freerolls and into the lows then the mids thats more than any statistic will ever tell you about a player. stats are for the big games where it truely matters. Think phil 15 bracelets and Daniel only 5 i think but Dan has 40+ million in wins and phil just 21mil. Id take a crap load of money than titles any day. POKER IS ABOUT MONEY ITS NOT TITLES IN THE END.

E

eliasyarosh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
statistics for micros to mids dont really matter cause the game will even out in the eand. If you can make finals and win a few and make it out of the freerolls and into the lows then the mids thats more than any statistic will ever tell you about a player. stats are for the big games where it truely matters. Think phil 15 bracelets and Daniel only 5 i think but Dan has 40+ million in wins and phil just 21mil. Id take a crap load of money than titles any day. POKER IS ABOUT MONEY ITS NOT TITLES IN THE END.
nevertheless, why do many people advise to resort to statistics on players and some additional data?

Rockyfour

Rockyfour

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Fair warning, if you use HUD's they will probably make you make bad decisions unless you know how to use them.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The best way to find out about a player is pay attention to them when you're out of the hand. Eventually you can form a strategy for them. The only stat worth a damn is if their $ is up or down, imo.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Cassino Org

In the last cassino org I played with this statistic, and I could received the rewards..

42 hands
Flop see - 16 of 42 (38%)
4 of 5 in SB (80%)
1 of 5 in BB (20%)
11 in 32 other positions (34%)

Pots Win
won 2 of 3 (66%) in the open cards
won 2 pots without open cards

Could comment for me please?

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are plenty of HUDs on the market, but you have to be sure that poker sites you play on allow it

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The problem with HUD and other statistics is there not always what you think. Some people over rely on them or will read the stats that have not enough info to be helpful. Take VIP, a player could be playing 80% of hands You say he is a very loose player. he problem is he only played 10 hands. This is a bit of a extreme example but its just the basic of it. There are days when I review and see I played way more hands that normal and look like a LAG. Next day I look like a nit. Even something as simple as VIP should have several hundred hands before you really can have a grasp of there true VIP. Lets say then after 6 months you have 600 hands of VIP of 30%. You label him as loose. Well that's true on the face of it but if you looked really deep he after 450 actually played 40% of hand and in the last 150 over the last 2 months he played actually 12% of hands. You may label a player as lose that has become a NIT. Lets take c betiing. You show they play 80% of raised hands for a c-bet, the 600 hands play. Well if you look deeper you may find he only c-bet 8 time of the ten times he could. The number again can be deceiving. So now lets say you have 5000 hands on a player. This should be really useful. Problem is you have not played this person in 8 months. Players can and do change there style of play. You show he 3 bets 20% of the time. Problem is he finally took the time and learned it was a bad more and now only 3 bets pre ACES KING and QUEENS. See the problem here. His new 3bet number maybe 2% and you have him 3 betting 1 in 5 chances he has.

Just be careful how much you put into the stats you have. Over relying on them can be dangerous.