Starting out/ getting serious

Z

Zwickhimself

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
So I've been playing alot of poker with friends almost nightly when in out for work, and I find my game is lacking. It's mainly a bingo game I find not alot of thought in an hour long unlimited 20$ buy in game. So Im trying to step up my game and get involved with more free roll tourneys. I play mostly on Android but do have a laptop . When im away for work my internet shows me as US but I am normally in canada. What preferred App or site do you guys go through? I mainly play on poker stars but willing to branch out . Hoping to just get hard into freerolls and go from there. Any tips towards online play are welcome! Thanks!:jd4:

juninhigh

juninhigh

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like pokerstars (good satelites and freerolls), and 888poker they have freerolls for everything (increasing level, depositors, who liked them on twitter, facebook or instagram) etc. So some freerolls can be really disappointing (those with 2.000+registrations) can there a lot of bad players who shove all in with bad hands but gets lucky, so don't get to depressed with you aren't get the top. If you find that your game is lacking you can find some really good stuff on youtube, try to take some notes, you're going get really better.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
If you're looking to play freerolls for experience then you'll probably be playing them forever. Take the $20+ you play w/nightly and make the deposit and start playing sit-n-go's and small cash games. There's also plenty of threads on strategy here at the forum so take advantage of them, it can't hurt.
I think Pokerstars is a nice site. I'm in the U.S. so I can't play there (wish I could since I've got almost $60 over there from when I used to be able to play there). Americas Cardroom has some freerolls but if you're trying to make some $ in them get a rabbits foot, 4 leaf clover, something that might bring u some luck, then again that's w/any freeroll on any site, imo. I would suggest intertops since the player traffic there is low but I've been informed that you have to play through your winnings before you can make a withdrawal but things can change.
By the way I'm not trying to discourage you from playing any of the freerolls, hell I play them from time to time. But if you want some real experience it's going to come from playing w/real $. That is my honest opinion. Good luck and may the flop be with you! :thrasher:

Z

Zwickhimself

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Definitely missing that rabbits foot/ clover lol. Thanks for the advice!

andy112211

andy112211

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Poker Stars

Before black Friday I played mostly at Poker Stars. Now since then I play on ACR. But I really liked Poker Stars I think Poker Stars Is the standard on online poker. Good luck.