Stalling for time

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general it does not bother me, and I typically play multible tables, so its not like, I am just sitting and waiting for that guy to act. As many others I also personally slow down near the money bubble or important pay jumps, if I am a small or even middling stack. That to me is just part of MTT strategy, and most good players do it.

Other times I had to go to the bathroom, and since its my right to use my timebank for whatever purpose, I like, I will not sit out of tournaments to make a pee. Might be annoying for other players, but they are welcome to do the same, and then I have to wait as well.

The only time, I get a little irritated, is, when someone clearly dont understand, what is going on. Like in a hyper turbo freeroll, when we are already in the money, and a 3 BB stack still take 15 seconds to fold every hand, as if that gave him any kind of chance to level up. That might earn him a tomato from me, if its on 888 poker :)

B

blix177

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In general it does not bother me, and I typically play multible tables, so its not like, I am just sitting and waiting for that guy to act. As many others I also personally slow down near the money bubble or important pay jumps, if I am a small or even middling stack. That to me is just part of MTT strategy, and most good players do it.

Other times I had to go to the bathroom, and since its my right to use my timebank for whatever purpose, I like, I will not sit out of tournaments to make a pee. Might be annoying for other players, but they are welcome to do the same, and then I have to wait as well.

The only time, I get a little irritated, is, when someone clearly dont understand, what is going on. Like in a hyper turbo freeroll, when we are already in the money, and a 3 BB stack still take 15 seconds to fold every hand, as if that gave him any kind of chance to level up. That might earn him a tomato from me, if its on 888 poker :)

I think it is still beneficial to do it in Hyper Turbo with 3 BB. If you are UTG with 3 BB, odds are you are going to blind out by next BB. By stalling you increase you odds of leveling up because hyper Turbo level up so fast. 1 orbit can be a level up and if you are stalling that orbit is more like 1.5 orbits.

And since you are going all in and you probably will get called down by BB, stalling to increase the blinds and ante only benefits you.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When this happens online, which is the only format that I play in now, it makes me realize how accustomed I've become to online play and how unaccustomed I am to live play. To the question, I find it very annoying and rude. The one exception is when you're in a tournament and it's close to the pay line. Other than that, I think that there should be a strict time limit for all players.

There is a strict time limit. that timer that counts down is the time limit.

Unless they use time bank what is 15-20 seconds? I can tell some of you dont play live to bitch about 20 seconds. Some do it for Strategy some do it to piss you off and some are playing multiple tables. People need to get over it

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't like it but is part of the game.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like it but it's standard when close to the bubble. Even live tournament poker pros do this.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it happens to me to steal time but only in exceptional situations just before paid places. But only if I'm a shortstack I won a freeroll ticket and I care about paid places, even the smallest ones. It's better to leave the tournament in paid places than before. Such action is EV +.
It is frustrating how someone steals time in hand by hand on bubble.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is still beneficial to do it in Hyper Turbo with 3 BB. If you are UTG with 3 BB, odds are you are going to blind out by next BB. By stalling you increase you odds of leveling up because hyper Turbo level up so fast. 1 orbit can be a level up and if you are stalling that orbit is more like 1.5 orbits.

And since you are going all in and you probably will get called down by BB, stalling to increase the blinds and ante only benefits you.

With some of the freerolls on 888 Poker, like 3.000 places pay, and to get to the next pay-level, you need to be in top 1.000. There is no way, a 3BB stack will outlast two thirds of the field by folding, so he should look for a hand to get it in and chip up. Which mean stalling is pointless. Of course if its 1.041 left, and the payjump is at 1.000, that is a different story.

S

Slacker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's annoying but I understand when it's on the bubble. Also get it when short stacked in a satellite and other tables are playing faster.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I admit I have lagged when Im short stacked and on the bubble to try and get in.. My bad.. But I never do in CC freerolls!

ssangyongpoker

ssangyongpoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if it involves pay bump, i dont mind the stall

elJenio8

elJenio8

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In turbos or hyper turbos you can do that on the bubble.. Sometimes blinds are too high to even play, so yeah its fine on that specific situation..

In other situations is annoying

namvidnee

namvidnee

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When this happens I go to put a kettle. And then I cook myself sandwiches. And then with pleasure I drink tea with sandwiches. So time flies by.

IcyPlayChips

IcyPlayChips

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I find it a bit annoying. But I think player's are given certain time to act and they have the right to use it every way they find it necessary. I'd consider myself an egoist if I'd jump in to judge another player's time management.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you have to relax in these situations. Is part of the game have players like that. For my part I do not bother me, delay the game and wear out your patience, but now is when you have to demonstrate your strategies and your desire to win the tournament:):)

J

jrsilvamg

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Especially when it gets to the bubble players are trying to delay or time to get to the prize

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Don't you hate when someone stall on you table?
I really hate to have such player on my table unfortunately I had one last Cardschat freeroll.

I think these players are doing it on purpose to ruffle our nerves