Spraggy PS streamer

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From time to time i check poker on twitch, i like to visit his room as i see how many buyins he did and cashouts. Constantly i see like 2-3k buyins but 0 cashes. Sometimes i guess i miss when he wins as i don't watch whole streams. Are all the buyins sponosored by PS or it's his money? How can someone be sponosored but not showing any profit?

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't follow the streamers, unfortunately. But online poker began to develop widely during the onset of the virus. pokerstars covered big tournaments online. I watched some of them and often saw Spraggy among the participants. He reached the late stages of tournaments and performed well. I'm not aware of the sponsorship. But now PokerStars is betting on streamers and a lot is becoming apparent. What else can they do? Many well-known professional players have left them.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Good question and I have the same one too , Spraggy is one of the most popular streamers out there to be honest. Regarding his overall profit/loss condition I don't know what to expect but I know that he makes a lot of deep runs.

I guess sponsored streamers get tickets and many free buy ins or a monthly salary?I don't know but having many streamers who can lure many potential players to the platform I guess it's a good idea.

The quality of the PS pros is not the same anymore compared to the past as @Vallet has mentioned but still some names are fairly good players.

His YouTube highlight videos are super fun though , you should check them out , their edit is massive :D , trust me!!!

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I think unless you have some direct, inside information, the sponsorship issue is kept deliberately hazy. First, I presume one and all have signed strict non-disclosure agreements

A lot of streamers can have deep runs here and there but at the same time several I follow are have regular buy-ins of a few thousand dollars with little return. Then the deep runs are often fairly modest in term of prizes as the fields are small. Things do not appear to be covered in terms of making a living (just my perception)

You mention Spraggy and by chance I was just listening to a podcast with Fintan Hand (fellow sponsored streamer) and during the podcast the premise seemed to be they (streamers) play with their own money. Whilst I was not calling it total BS It did not ring true to me and sure enough near the end of the cast, Fintan did talk about PS 'putting' him into tournaments, particularly those with a higher buy-ins.

I think common sense dictates that the sites do not want to sponsor anyone who was struggling to keep their head above water - that would be a dispositive image and poor promotion.

So my guess would be there might be an equivalent of a per diem involved i.e. sponsored streamers are allowed to play 'x' amount of buy-ins per day.

I used to think it interesting some would be open about their 'balance' and others would never discuss their bankroll. But then I realized it is easy to fudge a real balance for the sake of the stream (i.e. base it all on 'stream' content) but then the presumption would be they never play a single hand of poker when not streaming?

Of course this is all speculation as the sites are deliberately opaque on the matter. I do not know of any well known streamer/pro who has revealed details of their sponsorship. I presume that is because it is such an advantageous position to be in, even if they lose their sponsorship if they were to reveal details of that agreement it would kill the chances of possibly winning another deal.

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
By the by, I forget to say great post/question.

I am almost as interested as what goes on 'behind the scenes' in poker as playing itself. Occasionally CC or other forums have had some real insider information from individuals who have either worked the industry (dealers or floor managers etc.) or a long standing pro and everyone seems to enjoy what they bring to the table so much.

I wish it happened more often!