Are Spins the most useless "innovation"....in online poker?

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
From time to time I earn some tickets for these micro Spin 'n' Gos and I play them.....

I've never liked them at all. I don't like the format of the game. I don't know if there are any professional grinders who make a living from this thing, but I highly doubt.

Is there anyone who grinds them systematically? Is there any money to be made in these games anymore?

Edu1

Edu1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
the name had to be Spin 'n' Lose :D

I don't like those Spin 'n' Gos too, someone grinds them systematically? i think not

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think the sites like them, but I also think the best players have low single digit ROIs.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The guy that won the spin n go for 1 million probably doesn't think they are useless. However overall I think they are difficult to play for profit. Basically a slot machine. Gotta get lucky to spin a big number and then get fortunate to win the table.

pentazepam

pentazepam

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
SE
Chips
There are players that play them for money. But due to the variance, lottery factor of the prize money and the short stack format there a lot of people that can play almost correct by knowing simple push-fold charts makes it very hard if you don't put in a lot of volume. Hardly worth it even if they are very soft a the lowest levels.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They are probably not useless from the point of view of the poker sites, since reportedly they are responsible for up to 20% of the revenue generated from online poker. And this is also why, they are not going to go away. Or poker sites will invent something similar.

As players, if we dont like them, then just ignore and dont play. Its up for debate, how profitable, they are. Some say, they are still soft. But if we dont enjoy or develop as players, then whats the point?

We are not professional poker players, or at least most of us are not. So rather than maximize our hourly winrate, or something similar nonsense, we should look to maximize our learning and/or enjoyment of the game.

P

Pittman1787

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Everyone probably has pros and cons to many things regarding different games developed. Like everything there are fads that come and go, along with things that stick around. I got a feeling these aren't going anywhere as the poker site is making their required margin and are still selling out on many games in short turn around. Even at the lowest level look at the number on games the site can turn around in 1hour verses another multi table tournament that could have players in for hours. Most likely these players don't play multiple tables at a time (same might) therefore the quicker they can get these players back to the lobby the quicker they can have them possibly playing again. Me personally I stay away from them unless I get a ticket to play one, not a fan right now but that may change with time.

terryk

terryk

TheCanuckwithalltheluck
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I use them to pad my bankroll as you won't find more bad/lazy players online,,, :) $$$

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
So much rake in those plus let's say in a $100 spin with a 2x multiplier the 100+ are for PS ,massive!
It's like all the MTTs IMO.If you grind them you are slightly profitable or break even, if you are a good player, and just wait for a massive multiplier once in a blue moon, I guess.

And yes there are also only spin and go grinders , I had the same question as you and with a quick search I found a Greek player ''akis_333'' who was a massive crusher some years ago.

H

headsuphyperDOTcom

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that the spin-factor (a random price) is mega tilting - at least for me. I rather play three-handed MTTs or heads-up sit and go's.

Norman Vasquez

Norman Vasquez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All you need to make spin and go’s profitable is to increase your win rate, it needs to be high enough to beat the rake, I got to admite is really hard, I tried and fail

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not easy, but if you dedicated yourself to learn and only play spins, there is a profit to be made in them long term. Yes the variance is higher but the profit is there to be made, especially at the lower levels. There wouldn't be so many stables out there backing people for them if they weren't. Just because you're bad at them/don't like them doesn't mean that you can not make money from them

C

Criplgamer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played some windfall on BetOnline. About 20 straight. Started with 2 buy ins 3 tables. Never got over a 10 dollar prize pool. Generally dominated by bots .

7 dollar buy ins got to 35 dollars often. Less bot play but still not profitable in the end. You win 1 or 2 then lose 3 with a huge hand preflop like AA against. 2/5o.

These are setup to get you winning for a minute then before you know it you are chipping away at your bankroll and don't understand how you took so many bad beats!
Remember the house always wins and trust me , the house is winning these spin and go's .

P

pokerballsaa

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I played some windfall on BetOnline. About 20 straight. Started with 2 buy ins 3 tables. Never got over a 10 dollar prize pool. Generally dominated by bots .

7 dollar buy ins got to 35 dollars often. Less bot play but still not profitable in the end. You win 1 or 2 then lose 3 with a huge hand preflop like AA against. 2/5o.

These are setup to get you winning for a minute then before you know it you are chipping away at your bankroll and don't understand how you took so many bad beats!
Remember the house always wins and trust me , the house is winning these spin and go's .

Although there is a possibility that online poker is rigged, it isn't rigged like this lol

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
the name had to be Spin 'n' Lose :D

I don't like those Spin 'n' Gos too, someone grinds them systematically? i think not

Very true.....:p:p

I really don't know someone who is a dedicated Spins grinder.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it is to put a little more chance. you can always win a good boat

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not "the most useless", in my opinion, but you definitely need to be careful with it. If you can't stop playing in the hope of catching luck, spins are not for you.

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I play them whenever I win a ticket, but otherwise I steer clear. I mean, I'm not going to turn down a 3 seat freeroll, am I?!

R

rmcmullen2003

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is less skill involved in spin n go and more for gamblers in my opinion. I like to play a few every once in a while for the chance of hitting a big number. On ACR's website they have a table that shows how often which numbers come up and I think the highest number is something like 1 out of 100,000 or something like that lol