makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
There are fast types of poker like spin n go or like zoom. They belong to different kinds. Spin n go is a turbo tournament and zoom is a cash game, with changing tables. Both of them are fast and exciting with too much action. But which one do you prefer more, or their versions to each poker site? I play them both, but I prefer the spin n go, because I can control better my bankroll and because it is simpler.

CallMeAnSee

CallMeAnSee

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i personally play more spin an goes to control my small bankroll! but in general unless your extremely lucky an spin in a big amount(not likely) your never get very far as most time its a little to much gamble.

where as zoom ya can wait a bit for a premium hand an make more (or lose more per hand/per hour)!

i used to like spins on party poker but now they made me change my name an stopped my hud i prefer ufc spins things on pokerstars. an pokers have Omaha spins which i also like.

where do you find zoom is best to polay out of interest?:star:

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly neither, but if I had to pick one, it would be Zoom. Zoom is essentially just a cash game, where you play against new opponents in every hand, so you are still put in complex postflop situations, where skill edges will show. The main difference to normal cash games is, you have less reads on the opponents, and things like history and dynamics dont exist. You will never know for instance, that someone might be on tilts, because he got sucked out on in a big pot the hand before.

Spin n Gos on the other hand are shorthanded hyper turbo SnGs, where 3 players (the PokerStars format) start with 25 BB and compete for a winner take all randomized price. They last an average of 8 minutes, so they are great for people, who play on their phone and have time for one in their lunch break or in the bus on their way home from work.

Some people say Spin n Gos are beatable in spite of a high rake, but I just dont enjoy playing them. I had a session, where I played like 8 in a row, and I felt almost like, I was pulling the handle of a slot machine. “Would you like to play another – yes”, “Would you like to play another – yes”. Nothing bad to say about people, who enjoy playing these, but its just not for me.

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Prefer more spin&go lately. Zoom is exiting game but it's tournament which can't give you any break and can last long.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the spin and go because it is enough to win against only 2 opponents and with the multiplier can realize big gains.

riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zomm is amazing. No break in the action.

greatgame230

greatgame230

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, between tables Zoom or spin and Go tournaments I always prefer the spin and go you need a lot of luck to win but I think in the long run it's a little more profitable than playing at a zoom table

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
I used to like and play 5nl ZOOM , but now players'pool is zero . 2nl players don't like them , they don't pay my big hands ,can't steal blinds often enough , they irritate me , rarelly I play . I am talking about 9max , because 6max zoom all limits I get crashed :(

Spin and goes on Stars I hate it , but the same on partypoker I like it more , I have some successes there , players are less crazy / loose :)

Which I like more ??? ... Spins drive me on tilt sometimes when I lose , zoom when I decide to play calm and relax all the buyin for fun , it's really great , relaxing , all this speed is awesome , and if it's profitable I can't stop playing , really enjoyable .

I will try zoom kind of tournaments on Stars , snap tournaments on 888poker , etc , see how it goes :)

cranberry

cranberry

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to play Spin&Go. But in this game a lot depends on luck. Therefore, I rarely play Spin&Go, mostly for fun.

GreenDaddy1

GreenDaddy1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Zoom for me right now. The variance on spins killed me, tilted me massively! Is a shame because I love the jackpots and chance of striking it big, and had a decent handle of the strategy for spins, varying opens based on stack size, position etc. Just don't have the mental fortitude for it though.

Sergio_uy

Sergio_uy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on which multiplier you play in the spin, I prefer to play cash or normal tournaments, in the minutes of the breack I always play spin and go to see if there is luck but it is terrible

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
I like both.
Zoom is the only kind of cash games I play with any regularly
I am more a tournament player so if I have to choose which I like more it would be spin n go

A

althernatea

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer spin and goes better is reasonable to gain money more than zoom I think.

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play more spin & goes even though 9 times out of 10 I earn the lowest jackpot prize which technically makes the game not worth the price I paid for it, but that's okay because the occasional big jackpot ($32 prize for a $2 buy-in) also gets me excited and wanting to play more.

jsteppps

jsteppps

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
huh...
I've never liked Zoom or the Spin and Go formats. Always thought they were traps for recs and casuals to get wiped out by the die-hard grinders honestly haha

So people actually play Spin and Go's profitably? Anyone share how they manage that? I can see how a reliable profit can be made in Zoom. Is it just epic study in 3-handed scenarios? I've dabbled in a few spin n gos but found them "wild".

Not one to judge, I like 6handed hyper-turbo sng's - just never seen the point of spin and gos lol is it for the long shot of the big jackpot spin or just profit per spin?

I'd prefer zoom regarding the point of this thread obv :D

EVA777

EVA777

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the Spin and Go I often play. I'm not lucky in Zoom!

vuk011

vuk011

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I have to choose then ZOOM.. It's something new for me and I can boast that I'm pretty good in that format.

gillbates21

gillbates21

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
spin & go for me
just a few minutes ago i had my first so called big multiplier - 10x
managed to win that difficult game

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing spin and Go's sometimes you can get lucky with big prizes

ayahuasca

ayahuasca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I love zoom ones, that's great for me not to have annoying breaks between hands which may be sooo long and boring. Spin n go ones are more about luck, also full of fun but I prefer a bit different.

C

chippyrob

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i myself prefer spin and go's there is an art form to playing and usually i find if you play the underdog and fold alot in spin and go's you usually beat the aggressor to win ... its just what i have noticed specially on pokerstars...

robert

Ш

Шахрухбек

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Spin and Go. Its better to play as there you can win a jackpot.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer the zoom. The spin and go's I play only because to see if I can triple my bankroll. Other than that I would like to try to take as much luck out of the game as possible.

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
From that two kinds i prefer spin&go. Here you have only 2 opponents and if one of them lose and you have bigger stack, you are very close to win and this is very fast playing. However, not always bigger stack with one opponent means you win.
On my iwn example: ive had 50 chips and my oponent 1450, ive played few times all in and ive had luck, when my stack was about 500 ive started to play more tight and i won.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play cash games at zoom and do okay.:):):)