Sore eyes

rj_montana

rj_montana

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Does anyone have tips on how to avoid sore eyes after playing online poker for most of the day? I have decreased my screen brightness which helps somewhat but it still sucks...

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
Does anyone have tips on how to avoid sore eyes after playing online poker for most of the day? I have decreased my screen brightness which helps somewhat but it still sucks...

Do you, or does anyone close to you, smoke?
What size screen do to have?

Here are a couple of simple things you can do.
Drink water throughout the day to stay hydrated.
Every 15-20 minutes look away from the screen and focus on a distant object for 20-30 seconds.
Force yourself to blink for about 10 seconds, while not looking at the screen.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A good long nights sleep and regular breaks helps me the most when eyes starting to strain.

PHX

PHX

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
TT
Chips
It is probably the glare this will sound dumb but try wearing a shades while playing for long sessions. If it works consult a eye doctor there is eyeware for persons that use computer long.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in this case, a non-bright additional light is needed, for example, a table lamp
when the eyes and the monitor without additional light, this leads to their fatigue .

muse713

muse713

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

Google computer glasses.

V

valeski 28

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, the best thing you can do is to avoid playing long sessions .Take some breaks when playing .Finally there are special computer glasses that optimize your eyesight when you are looking at computers and are designed to reduce glare.

milka1605

milka1605

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Maybe the problem is in your monitor settings. It so happens that the sharpness or turbidity of the screen when looking at it for a long time irritates vision. And try not to look constantly at the monitor. Look away at other things in the room.And I always have a light on in the room. Even when I watch TV.

Last edited:
Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Massage your eyes, twist them, stand up and twist them, then lie down to rest.

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A good question about your health.Vision and correct posture and neck position during prolonged play at the tables.When there was poker school at pokerstars, I had to spend many hours playing every day.As a result,conjunctivitis, a disease of vision, developed.Improper posture and its consequences led to a pinched cervical vertebra and the diagnosis of cervical osteochondrosis.Watch your health.Violate rules of sleep and rest.Arrange weekends and breaks for rest.Use eyeglasses to work at the computer.Use drops to moisturize.Drink more water.Use a good game chair and massage for your neck.Contact the hospital if you have any problems.Poker requires good health and stamina.Your health comes first.

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Mine get a bit red and sore sometimes with long play, I like over the counter eye drops like clear eyes to help relieve redness and sore eyes..

L

lierm

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you are planning to sit over 8 hours by the computer screen, I would recommend using 'bio true' eye drops or similar product. They do not evaporate like normal tear drops, it's a gel consistency and don't let eyes to dry out. They are really good to me, I am full time office worker and I play poker for around 4h after work!

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the only way to rest those eyes is a good night's sleep.

maxivega

maxivega

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sleep 8 hours a day
Take regular breaks every hour
Rehydrate and eat, do not postpone your food well.
Some eye moisturizer
And possibly not play more than 8 hours per day in a row. It is advisable to be followed so long in front of a screen.

Hope this can help you. It is what I do to perform well without physical difficulties
:D:D:D:D

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
If I am a long time to play online poker, I water every hour my eyes.

Vallet

Vallet

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I began to notice problems with eyes too. Sometimes it gets dark.

fenoz

fenoz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All my life I played online games and began to lose my sight .. stopped playing games, began to play poker) is also harmful, but the load is not the same .. did exercises for the eyes, did not help restore vision ..

nuttea

nuttea

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

I tried the computer program F.lux, it really helps to less tired eyes. I can say that the screen frequency on monitors has changed, and the duration of the session has become easier. it's free - try it. this is not an advertisement

perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
You can also tilt the screen and it helps.

Dzmitry Tokarau

Dzmitry Tokarau

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
У кого-нибудь есть советы, как избежать воспаления глаз после игры в онлайн-покер в течение большей части дня? Я уменьшил яркость экрана, что несколько помогает, но все равно отстой ...
Take a look and calibrate your screen using the NVideo settings and special programs Look on YouTube

damkoMTK

damkoMTK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your eyes are getting dried out of long concentration to the screen and not blinking enough. Get some eye drops like Refresh or Visine.
But if your problem continues it would be best to see eye doctor.

C

Cdawg405

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Your eyes are getting dried out of long concentration to the screen and not blinking enough. Get some eye drops like Refresh or Visine.
But if your problem continues it would be best to see eye doctor.

Try Visine or [emoji165] or [emoji851]

Sokolik

Sokolik

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use safety glasses. Eyes are much less tired.