Soft w/o HUD vs Less Soft w HUD

T

TLRoyalFlush

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys,

Going to start playing online again and deciding which site to start playing at.

Which would you guys recommend out of:

1) A site that doesn't allow HUDs or note taking (though I could take notes on paper) but a supposed weaker pool of players because of this?

or 2) A site that does allow HUDs (thus I will need to buy one, which may infringe on profits?) but perhaps a slightly stronger pool due to most players having HUDs?

I am going to start off playing 3/4 tables of 10NL, hopefully moving up to 6/8 tables at a time. Will the lack of a HUD be so detrimental to playing that many tables that it would be worth paying for a HUD and playing against supposedly better players? Or will a reasonably sound strategy without a HUD be enough to profit from the players at the weaker site?

Any responses would be great,
Cheers

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys,

Going to start playing online again and deciding which site to start playing at.

Which would you guys recommend out of:

1) A site that doesn't allow HUDs or note taking (though I could take notes on paper) but a supposed weaker pool of players because of this?

or 2) A site that does allow HUDs (thus I will need to buy one, which may infringe on profits?) but perhaps a slightly stronger pool due to most players having HUDs?

I am going to start off playing 3/4 tables of 10NL, hopefully moving up to 6/8 tables at a time. Will the lack of a HUD be so detrimental to playing that many tables that it would be worth paying for a HUD and playing against supposedly better players? Or will a reasonably sound strategy without a HUD be enough to profit from the players at the weaker site?

Any responses would be great,
Cheers

If you're planning to play more than 2 tables you probably want to use (and play on a site that allows) a headsup display. Otherwise it will be very difficult to keep track of which players are the fish and which are the regulars.

That being said, if you can play on a site like ignition where you need a 3rd party App (ace poker solutions) to get a hud that will be the the biggest advantage. When you have hud and most opponents don't that's the biggest edge.

Non Hud sites are softer for sure, but it's hard to play more than 3 tables effectively.

I would suggest getting comfortable with HUD and making sure you know which stats are important and how to use them. Hopefully you can find this video helpful on the subject!

Good luck & Happy stackin on the tables!

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Poker would be much more interesting, like before, without this f_kn' HUD.
HUD:!:thefinger!

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like HUDs. I wish all pokersites would ban them.

F

fundiver199

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with Evan Jarvis, that HUDs are definitely benefitial, if you play 4 or more tables. But maybe a solution could be to play a higher limit on a non-HUD site and compensate for lower volume that way. Like 2 tables of 25NL rather than 5 tables of 10NL. Of course it require a larger bankroll like 1.000$.