Slower deal of turn and river cards when all in

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is extremely petty, but I wish PS would pause a little when displaying the turn and river cards when players are all in -- just like they do in MTT's with live poker to build the excitement up a little. Do any of the online poker rooms do that? It would be nice to have a couple of seconds to hope for your card(s) or wish away a hand-killing river card, rather than bang-bang and the hand's over.

F

FrothyGoodness

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR seems to do it a lot , whenever its a "moist" flop I've noticed they always take time to flip the river.

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ACR seems to do it a lot , whenever its a "moist" flop I've noticed they always take time to flip the river.

Thanks for the info.

Good for them. I think it's a nice little touch. It seems PS is all about money -- getting as many hands dealt as quickly as possibly and nothing if any about enjoying the experience. I may have to check out ACR.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I know this is extremely petty, but I wish PS would pause a little when displaying the turn and river cards when players are all in -- just like they do in MTT's with live poker to build the excitement up a little. Do any of the online poker rooms do that? It would be nice to have a couple of seconds to hope for your card(s) or wish away a hand-killing river card, rather than bang-bang and the hand's over.

If so! Then you imagine how long the tournament will grow) why worry when you see everything in the replay)

P

PSSucks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If so! Then you imagine how long the tournament will grow) why worry when you see everything in the replay)

I don't think it would really add that much time to a tourney. Perhaps limiting it to late-stage play would relieve that concern, but when I think about how much time overall is wasted by people intentionally slow-playing or being distracted by a multitude of situations that would cause them to react slowly when it's their turn, the addition of a few seconds before showing the turn and river with all-in situations wouldn't be that noticeable.

And yes, one could argue that I've just made a point about why they should not to do it because of all the time that's already wasted. ;)

Last edited:
riverokker

riverokker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yah especially when playing Omaha it would be nice to see what your opponents outside are. Sometimes it goes so quickly that you don't know what hand even beat you. Lol that sucks.[emoji812]️

plastilin898

plastilin898

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very interesting thought) on poker 888 there is a small delay before opening the cards, but not significant

C

coolwhipp420

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, i play @ ACR and they do pause alot on that river card.. i do like the slight pause, because it does build suspense.. but on the other hand, during that pause you can sometimes call that last card out.. lol..

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nice, for the rooms, is the money getting into the pot (theirs) fast. They can't stop eating.
Best of Luck

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree with you

I have thought about this a lot of times too. 888 seems to do the delay and ACR seems to lag sometimes. In every live game I have watched on tv, dealer delay the turn and river cards when there is an all-in. That add some nice suspense to the game.

I believe pokerstars dont do it, because they figured out that with this fast way they can make you keep playing like nothing happened. If lets say you shoved a flopped set only to lose by a river card, the builded suspense could add to devastate you to the point you want to just quit playing. The pain is greater when you pull the band-aid slowly than fast.

Also, if you are already in the next hand before you even realise the previous bad beat, you could keep on playing and conditioned to play fast, lose fast and keep playing..

Last edited:
onione6ix

onione6ix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the idea . builds up that all-in turn and river door cards. Would be good to see this option added with the ability to toggle it on/off.

Pimp 007 x

Pimp 007 x

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I remember correctly, Pokerstats used to slowplay both the turn and river when players were all in. That was a long time ago.

Nowadays it seems that they are only interested on getting to the next hand as fast as possible. Action sometimes goes so fast I got to check the hand replay to see what happened.

I have mixed feelings about this. I like the building anticipation up for these cards. But on the other hand, the amount of all in action players have would considerably slow everyone down.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I would also like it a bit slower, but not too slow. The worst thing is when my App freezes for a few seconds and I don't see the outcome..