Slow play

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A player has the right to use his time clock any way he wants annoying or not, time clock is part of the game.

H

hedonist

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What, if anything, can you do when a player constantly runs the time clock to zero during a tournament? I know some do it to stall and try and get into the money but I have seen some do it from the very first hand.

I love to steal their chips one 3x raise at a time. They're usually all chicken and tight.

\
\

8bod8

8bod8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As far as i know, it's each players right.
Sometimes it's usefull when short stacked:
- in a huge field just before the bubble
- a large stack maniak nearly always goes all-in

Many players do this when it's actually bad for them:
- in the bubble, when all tables are synchronized

Live, pro's deliberately delay, just to get their opponent on tilt. The clock is a good solution for that.

Last edited:
F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's their time. Think of it like rush hour traffic, sucks but what can you do?

C

Comboss599

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The only way you can take is to train your patient on it.

M

marcumx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's very annoying but i remedy this by playing pot farm on facebook the table pops up when it's your turn to act so if someone is stalling it just gives me a chance to grow some ganja

MadDeVille

MadDeVille

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What, if anything, can you do when a player constantly runs the time clock to zero during a tournament? I know some do it to stall and try and get into the money but I have seen some do it from the very first hand.
This is not an unusual thing. When I get sometimes 5-6 tables, once, clearly I run out of time on every table, and a few enter in SIT OUT. That is my max table. So think if that player do the same. I dont want to belive there are players that stall time with only one table.:cool:

L

Lazerx

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time limits

they need to reduce timer by 30 sec..one yo go red it should always to to the red counter not the full 2 minutes

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you let it bother you then they have succeeded in taking you off your game. Just roll with the punches.

Cody5991

Cody5991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Honestly think you are too worried about something you cant control and that doesn't actually affect the game so to answer your question...nothing.

Rumengh

Rumengh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Time

Nothing to do but time is theirs and software as it gave the player can use it as your request. This with penalties for delay of game nonsense. I do not believe the software to punish anyone for this. Not to mention insulting chats and penalties where they are :confused:. I play chess and that somebody delay time is not a problem for me :). And to tell you I've tried to procrastinate but so players will finally unnerved themselves believe me:D:D:D

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Navryatli, generally, players begin to waste time in the tournament before the loot until it burst. Naturally in order to get into the prizes. In other cases, these are players who play a large number of tables at the same time.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes it is to annoy the other players and throw them of their game.:):):)

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
We can't technically do anything about slow play but some players should respectfully know when to be conscious of the time. Playing in tournaments when the time is getting into the 3 and 4 hour range and you are still slow playing every hand rather you are folding or betting....c'mon man!!!

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you find it irritating, play 2 or 3 tables. This may help.

Sharpie88PL

Sharpie88PL

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can understand that sometimes its part of the game and you should be ready with a big bag of patience.

L

Ltech

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tilt time on poker

This seems to me a strategy to catch impatient players and corner them in time, which is their right to enjoy it. But played hands matter more than anything.

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can move up in the tournament with them

djasset

djasset

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
time and tourneys

but seriously though... i have had my best cashouts when in fields of 1 to 2.5k players when i played the clock as well. it is a crucial part of strategy during some tournaments.:icon_thum

Vanderwolfe

Vanderwolfe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play downstairs in the basement because that’s where my room is and My internet connection is not the best, even sometimes I would have to close the application out and restart it because of the internet. I would click raise and nothing would happen and it is so frustrating or I click fold and it waits until the timer goes all the way down to then fold my hand.
There are some people who once they collect a good enough bankroll to get into the money they either sit out or become inactive and it is so annoying because that slows game play down so much and on ACR I see that so much with The freerolls. Hopefully ACR catches on and just boot people who have been inactive for more than 15 -30 min

HobokenNJ

HobokenNJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that sometimes it is possible to use a time bank on the bubble for entry into the prize zone.

It is definitely possible. If there are multiple tables using your time bank increases the likelihood someone else blinds out or hastily goes all-in. It also delays when the blinds are going to hit you. (Many/all? sites go "hand-for-hand" play near the bubble, which would tend to reduce the value of the trick.)

I understand why its frustrating, but I have definitely been short stacked with unplayable hands and got ITM by delaying. I don't like to do it, but I'd rather cash than someone else cash. It doesn't come up a lot, but I'd do it again, if I had to...

Sorry?

Q

Queev14

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i think about my hand, but sometimes i just act and hope that my opponent call or fold.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

1. Turn his attention to chat
2. Report to the support
3. Run additional tournaments so you do not get bored or turn on the movie.