The One Skill I Need to Improve

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
We talk a lot about Aces being cracked, but for me that’s the hand that I lose most tournaments playing against.

And it’s not just me. I watched endless hands today where Aces almost always came out on top. I never did get any but my LAST hand was against them.

So that’s my goal - stay alive against Aces. I actually know how to do it. I just need to force myself to be a little more disciplined for a little longer.

dreamer13

dreamer13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
LV
Chips
Discipline in poker is essentially the cornerstone without which it is simply impossible to become a successful professional in your field. In fact, most poker players know what to do to win, but do not do it. You will feel shame or pride in how You made decisions, not whether you won or lost. The foundation of poker discipline is never to play poker drunk or under the influence of other substances. Many players play well due to their knowledge and experience, but you have to be careful don't put the game on autopilot.But having aces doesn't guarantee you a win. They will be run over, and a good player should be able to throw them off when he realizes that they are beaten.

MishkaZL

MishkaZL

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Discipline is the basis for success in any business, including poker. If you are disciplined and patient, you are destined for success :)

Pavel1203733

Pavel1203733

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is the best preflop hand and it will win very often. If I see this hand in my opponent i just understand that i'll lose and even don't hope to win. It would be strange for me.

RustyRed83

RustyRed83

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It has been a while since iv'e cracked Aces, i do look back & see if i could have done things better, but a lot of the time, people just shove with them, or at least shoving on the flop, what are you supposed to do when you have Kings, Queens, AK suited in that spot, it is very difficult to find the fold.