Simple question about getting started with online poker

M

mrodent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, newb from UK here.

I want to start playing poker with absolutely no real money involved... but playing real people rather than a bot.

I've been a bit dismayed with what I've found so far: I don't want to give my real name and address to any site as yet. pokerstars and partypoker both seemed to require quite stringent verification of some random details I entered.

888 Poker insisted on my loading Adobe Flashplayer (didn't that get retired about 10 years ago?) before I could do anything.

I am using linux OS, so I would have difficulty with an App for W10 or Mac... and again am a bit surprised: everything should be a Web app these days.

Any suggestions?

damkoMTK

damkoMTK

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
unibet is working as Web app so you can play directly in your browser, but it will require full registration and confirmation of your data.

M

mrodent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Thanks... OK, if it has to be done.

Do you know if this kind of "no money" poker play does go on there? I just took a look at the site, and it wasn't too clear.

PelyaMX

PelyaMX

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, newb from UK here.

I want to start playing poker with absolutely no real money involved... but playing real people rather than a bot.

I've been a bit dismayed with what I've found so far: I don't want to give my real name and address to any site as yet. Pokerstars and Partypoker both seemed to require quite stringent verification of some random details I entered.

888 Poker insisted on my loading Adobe Flashplayer (didn't that get retired about 10 years ago?) before I could do anything.

I am using Linux OS, so I would have difficulty with an app for W10 or Mac... and again am a bit surprised: everything should be a Web app these days.

Any suggestions?

Let me guess ... You are not 18 years yet? ;)

M

mrodent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish

I'm in my fifties.

I don't like giving out my details. I often use TOR browser, and always DuckDuckGo search engine. I use false-name email and social media accounts.

Google and whole legions of grubby international companies are tracking you all the time. They are also tracking me, but less.

More importantly, do you have an answer to the question?

PS Oh Crap, it seems you have to pay over £10 to sign up with Unibet. I'm not into that AT ALL: I need to evaluate before handing even over a penny.

Last edited:
M

mrodent

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OK ... so I'm resigned to having to divulge my details. Pokerstars? party poker? or another site? Any recommendations welcome!

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi, newb from UK here.

I've been a bit dismayed with what I've found so far: I don't want to give my real name and address to any site as yet. Pokerstars and Partypoker both seemed to require quite stringent verification of some random details I entered.

I am using Linux OS, so I would have difficulty with an app for W10 or Mac... and again am a bit surprised: everything should be a Web app these days.

Any suggestions?

all poker sites require you to put in your name, address, age etc.
It is the same with almost any online businesses these days

the important thing to know is that you can trust the main poker sites and that they don't mail you advertisements or any of that stuff. All e-mails can be unsubscribed from and if they ever phone you (which only small poker sites do to share promotion) just polity ask them to not call you EVER, and they will stop.

Good luck on the tables!

kacca

kacca

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Now there is literally a wizard, playing for chips is not for money. Or in the play market there is poker with real people for chips. There are also free-of-charge free rolls on almost every room.

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not be affraid of it.
Any poker system asks for this.
Actually you can write the wrong address, and then tell them you've revocated)

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Making withdrawals sites require identification and minimum deposit usually before processing them could cause your account to be closed and any freeroll winnings confiscated if giving any fake details just verify properly first good luck.

R

Rybod

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can trust the main poker sites, they have to maintain high level security. all the social media stuff outside that can be all restricted for sure.

You wont be able to play real money on any of them without ID verification. Play money is not the same game play.

Deposit $10 in 888 , or pokerstars. then you can access the freeroles. you can't access the freeroles on 888 unless you deposit. so, just put in the minimum and play them. there are many per day on that site. easy , but slow bankroll build

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
cheering you up! When you have no one to play with physically, the best thing is to make an account and start !!;)