Sick of being called a donkey lolol

Q

Queenlimp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There can be advantages to being called a donkey and is broad term used by just about anybody who thinks they are good or upset about losing a hand.
The real question is do you consistently win? What's the point in winning today and donating tomorrow?

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I once did min cash in the cc freeroll :cool: but i believe in my game ) if you believe you can achieve ) and no i am not reading faces over the monitor , i am picking betting patterns on opponents and getting a read from their bets/checks , and premium hands are : AA, KK, AKo , AQo , AKs , AQs, Ajs , ATs , KQs, KJs, KTs,QQ,QJs,QTs,JJ,TT.

So... you're thinking that AJ-AT-KJ-Qt are the premium hands?
What about 44? 44 vs AJs, 44 is 50% vs 49%.
You've mentioned 16 hands above, plus maybe 7 remaining pairs = 23 hands starting hands in total.
That's PFR of 15% and I believe that VPIP is above 20%
You'll be getting one of your starting premium hands once every 15 deals or less, so you will have a higher chance to hit something like a pair and with such VPIP you also have much higher chances to lose against some better hand like overpair or set. If you're not a tight postflop player, and you're not able to fold a top pair with decent kicker, then I belive that luck is your single guide through poker tournament.
As for the reads, well that's a good joke by my humble opinion. You are playing a game in your mind with your reads, and this game, for you, is 50/50, like flipping a coin. In the reality all players in poker are trying to fool each other to win more chips, not many out there are playing like some robosapiense or like a tilted donk, so that you can read them like a book.

I guess that you find it pretty boring to wait 3-5 rounds for a JJ+ hand, isn't it? And well you might think that it doesn't pays off, but in the long run it does. Long run doesn't mean that you have to play for years, instead you can play 6-12 tourneys at the same time and you will always have action going on with JJ+ hands, so a) you won't be bored and b) you will be on the winning side.

But well, I might be mistaken, online poker has changed since the last time when I've played it seriously.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
So... you're thinking that AJ-AT-KJ-Qt are the premium hands?
What about 44? 44 vs AJs, 44 is 50% vs 49%.
You are right sir , there are no reads on online poker. and i shall play TAG in order to start winning. you got me convinced thanks for the enlightenment i really do appreciate it.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The K2 was a joke.

That said I am serious about K5s being a push hand from the button. With 6BB remaining how will you survive 45 minutes to the money? On the slim chance that you do, you are min cashing at best. I am confident the push fold charts would push K5s from the button or SB, maybe even the cutoff.

for example
Let's say you're playing 16 starting hands like the guy in above post + 7 more smaller pairs = 23 hands. Statistically you will get one of those hands during every 18 deals at 9max table. These hands have much higher chances to win the pot than K5...

6bb stack is enough for 18 deals at one blind level, if we calculate 2BB+2SB+18*10%ante, it's 5.8BB.

And the main thing is the time. 18 deals = minimum 18 minutes, and in average it's 36 minutes. Since you know that 45 minutes left till the money and you have a chance to survive for 36 minutes by waiting for a good hand, then why risk it all for K5?

Right here and right now you're thinking that by going all-in with K5 you're flipping a coin for your tournament life. Either you hit or either you lose... But ok, let's think of it like it's 50% right here and rigt now. Now let's think about the next 36 minutes of waiting with 6BB stack. Many things might happen during next 36 minutes. Players might fold to your BB and you won't lose your stack. Players might lose much faster at the other tables and you'll be in the money during next 10 minutes. You might get KK-AA several times in a row and increase your stack to 40BB in just few deals. What are the chances in % of this to happen?

By my opinion pushing all-in 6bb stack with K5 is a sign of tilt. Maybe K9s, if SB is trying to steal your BB and it's just SB left in the game... ofc push with KJs+, but not K5 suited or not - doesn't really matter.
GL

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You are right sir , there are no reads on online poker. and i shall play TAG in order to start winning. you got me convinced thanks for the enlightenment i really do appreciate it.

Yeah I do belive that reads in online poker is a popular myth. Ofc you might see some signs when you're against some fish, who acts instantly with nuts and spends 10 seconds thinking during his bluffs. But such things worked well in year 2011. As for today, even in $5+ tourneys you better reads a good paper book during the tournament instead of trying to read the players. Why? because of the information field. In 2011 it was different, there wasn't that many youtube channels and poker related sites where ANY player can learn so much about poker in ANY language.

If you'll check the stats of your opponents at the table and see that most of them have played 1000+ tourneys during past year and some of them have played several years like that, then forget about trying to read them. You'll be playing mind games with yourself. The single thing that you might do well is to put your opponent on some pre-flop range, but it's also not a good thing to do, cause of popular GTO strategy, and you see, we're discussing K5 here... so Good Luck to you to Sir.:burnout:

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
After reading your reviews, I’ve won all-in with K5 in hyper turbo tournaments. In general, if you watch, some cards like to go together very much. For example, K9 or K5. AJ wins very often. 55 also wins more often than it loses. Q6 wins more often than it loses. I want to start keeping statistics on all hands to determine which hands win most often. Just wondering.

MAGICUZ

MAGICUZ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My friend! Play as you want, what others say or think is their problem.This is your life, your right, your decision and your chips.Play as you like!;)

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Let the donkeys alone.
Don't advise them about to study strategies. Just let them go free and happy to act. Just improve your game and welcome them at the tables you are playing.
If a donkey decides to not be a donkey anymore it's no good at all lol:)lol. So just let them run free.
Besides, who never was a donkey once in the past? And...all of us, even if we aren't donkeys, we act like one or like a maniac sometimes.

Serjo600

Serjo600

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
What is a donkey in my notes of players, not a move in the form of donkbet, namely the player is a f donk, this is a dude who opens a lot of hands, but plays them not passively as a fish, but on the contrary, gets his moves, his trash hands, but this has the advantage of finding a situation and bending such a player with a strong combination. There are a lot of factors that affect a-game, and has subtypes such players: the donky noob, donk-caller, agrodonk. As for the decisions in the game against such opponents, it is not to succumb to provocations and search for situations where you can make money.

C

Complx_Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think the ideology if being called a donkey probably depends on your calling action rather than your raising action. For example, if you call an all in with 8-2o, you are probably a bit of a donkey, and if you win an all in with this hand obviously the person you are playing against is likely to do some sort of name calling.

Second to this, perhaps your action of calling post flop. lets say you have 10d-5h and the flop comes 10s, Qs, Ks, and you call an all in on this board, probably a donkey play...

Rahatis

Rahatis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just keep playing like that and everything will be alright. Don't listen to them!

W

wpilson70

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two things bother me a little bit in this thread.

One. Someone posts how it “shocks me when I see CC members calling 20/30 percent of their stack preflop out of position with a garbage hand”

Second. “ no reads in online poker”

It suggests to me that this forum is loaded with brand new players to online. CC members aren’t automatically a level above other players. CC games have donks just as other sites do in games they sponsor.

No reads online? Guess no one uses notes? You just play and randomly click n call and not pay attention to the other names at your table? You never see the same player a second or third time?

I mean, I’m not expecting Expert Level Advice from randoms on a poker page. But I’m also not expecting the same randoms to fire off (borderline) useless advice simply because they haven’t seen things in their 30 days or less playing online and they’re convinced all they see is all there is.

weezy1312

weezy1312

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Yeah I do belive that reads in online poker is a popular myth. Ofc you might see some signs when you're against some fish, who acts instantly with nuts and spends 10 seconds thinking during his bluffs. But such things worked well in year 2011. As for today, even in $5+ tourneys you better reads a good paper book during the tournament instead of trying to read the players. Why? because of the information field. In 2011 it was different, there wasn't that many youtube channels and poker related sites where ANY player can learn so much about poker in ANY language.
It is weird that every stream i watch , for mid and high stakes those players do read on their opponents and most of the time they got it right ! those witches ^^

W

whitesmoke420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I haven't heard that name in awhile. People used to use it a lot as trash talk but I honestly don't see very many people talking it up on ACR let alone it be trash talk. It's usually pretty casual and polite. :top::bebored::damnmate::albertein

Y

yoshi352000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's simple your trying to win a fight with a weaker fighter.

Take poker hands as fighters.

AA strongest fighter
27off weakest fighter

you look at 95 and like I can win with this hand and you will occasionally get lucky. but most of the time you'll get the crap kicked out of you.

You are the guy who is like 68 can win go out there. When other people are saving their money to use a stronger fighter. Your throwing out your weaker fighters to do battle against stronger ones.

Golf analogy I average shooting 75 you average shooting 85. Yet your playing me even money, you might win a couple holes with your weaker hands against mine, but I'll destroy you and your bankroll over the long term.

Sending weaker fighters into battle versus stronger ones is what your doing, you might win occasionally but you'll get pummeled long term, doesn't matter your skill level. People seeing that and calling you a donkey isn't right, its just their opinion of this strategy of yours.

B

bzvz222

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes it's like when you play football or basketball, and your opponent is so bad you can't do tricks on him. For instance in football, if you do a trick where you are trying to induce the opponent to go right and you then turn left quickly, it can't work if that opponent is so bad he doesn't even go right..

Stevendewitt7

Stevendewitt7

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cash games are cool but I like the small fire in tournament's online it helps me improve my game by playing 400 hands experience truly helps a poker player who is open to learn I am not the greatest I am a poker player in training always. By taking the humble approach I'm able to learn there a lot of people willing to teach you I just love the game of poker

edenman1

edenman1

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sick

I used to get this too, and still do because I play all in alot online. Ignore it and play your own game imo :)

LeeCallaghan

LeeCallaghan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
LoL what is the SB/BB? .02/.05? Look up Sam Fahra, He loves loose gambling. He is professional player. I enjoy it. btw they raise preflop or just called? If just call for BB, that is stupid idea. It is not your fault. But who knows.
Why am i classed as bad player?
Is it because i have no fear when playing a hand with bad cards?
Its 2019 now and almost every player believes that you should 3bet with a decent hand. I think this is too predictable.
But when i do it with a K5 off suit and the flop was 552 Q7 I sometimes hit!!

How is that any different then having AQ and the flop was QQ2 58

PS only asking out of curiosity.
N yes I do know that Premium hands give you a higher chance of winning the hand but sometimes you can miss that flop altogether and if you commited a third if your stack to your AK and miss then shouldn't you think also . that that was bad play? Or was it just bad luck