Should poker stats kept private

S

stargeezer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Share or not to share? When poker community ask?

3gdata

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suppose better not to share your stats in case you're not going to become a poker pro in the nearest future. Sharing will bring you more problems only, another players'll be able to read you more accurately.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Look to your hearts content if it makes you feel you will easily beat me in my games good luck to you.
Think stats are important but many are not recorded properly or easy to track and one or two important flips can be the difference from a big winner or a big loser making them a little over rated at times.
But an old set in my ways mix it up hudless horse like me will listen to constructive criticism in this thread or if enjoy a snoop be my guest.:top:

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/pok...mad-mod-position-2021-freerolls-100-a-477231/

Last edited:
besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Statistics of your own game. Such information is needed to analyze and evaluate your own game, to identify strengths and weaknesses. In addition, with the help of special programs, you can find out why you still lost in the last game (search and analysis of leads), and won in the penultimate game with the same set.
Opponent statistics. If you know enough about the enemy, then you do not need to worry about the outcome of the battle. It is not for nothing that spies remain one of the most demanded professions (or is this a vocation?). Various services provide information about the opponent, such as the number of losses / wins in a certain period of time, play style, time at the table, bets, etc. You do not need to be seven inches in your forehead to understand that if a poker player is leading himself aggressively at the moment in this game (and statistics show the opposite situation and a low percentage of aggression), then, most likely, he has a strong hand, and you need to quickly figure out what to do. Don't save statistics.

By the way, please note that absolutely every player can collect statistics, and in the general database, since you can find the necessary information about your opponent, they can just as easily find it about you. It is important to remember this during the game itself in order to analyze game situations.