Should I become a Twitch Streamer.

T

Tinyman1104

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my name is James and I mostly play online poker on ACR and Bovada. I prefer mtts and low stakes cash games, mostly NLHE with a little bit of PLO. I'm a full-time college student and have made poker a serious hobby. I'm currently on a 6 week break with a lot of spare time. My question is would you be interested in watching me build a bankroll? I would love to be part of a community that works on improving our poker skills. What would you like to see from a new non-professional streamer? Does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

E

ekgbeat

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would tune in to watch. Be sure to drop a link to your Twitch name if you do decide to stream. It would be fun to give it a try while you are on break :)

pokergopher

pokergopher

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my name is James and I mostly play Online poker on ACR and Bovada. I prefer mtts and low stakes cash games, mostly NLHE with a little bit of PLO. I'm a full-time college student and have made poker a serious hobby. I'm currently on a 6 week break with a lot of spare time. My question is would you be interested in watching me build a bankroll? I would love to be part of a community that works on improving our poker skills. What would you like to see from a new non-professional streamer? Does anyone have any tips or advice for me?

You need to build in an incentive for viewers to stick around. Some of the best streamers that I watch do giveaways of cash. It does not have to be a lot but 1$ or $2 in game transfer goes a long way to keep your audience watching.

T

Tinyman1104

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to build in an incentive for viewers to stick around. Some of the best streamers that I watch do giveaways of cash. It does not have to be a lot but 1$ or $2 in game transfer goes a long way to keep your audience watching.

That's a good idea. I'll do it for every 10 followers or 20 people watching or something.

T

Tinyman1104

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is my twitch link

https://www.twitch.tv/supersport1104
I might change the name and the quality if really low but please hop in and help me improve both my skill and the quality of my stream. Once I start getting more of a follower base I'll invest in a camera, mic, custom overlays and all that.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello, my name is James and I mostly play Online poker on ACR and Bovada. I prefer mtts and low stakes cash games, mostly NLHE with a little bit of PLO. I'm a full-time college student and have made poker a serious hobby. I'm currently on a 6 week break with a lot of spare time. My question is would you be interested in watching me build a bankroll? I would love to be part of a community that works on improving our poker skills. What would you like to see from a new non-professional streamer? Does anyone have any tips or advice for me?
Not trying to crush your Hopes and dreams.... but streaming is tough.... you gotta be able to shuffle through 6-9 tables at a time. To keep things interesting. If you dont, you will be folding hands too much to keep viewers engaged.... to do that you need a twitch switch board so your not dragging and dropping in your stream screen.... cause if you have more then 2 maybe 4 tables up, you have too much going on, and it's hard for viewers to keep track of what you are talking about....

With all that said, you will spend hours and hours, day after day, week after week talking to yourself so there is no "dead air" in your steam.... cause you will need to set your stream on a 3 min delay so people cant cheat....

If your ok with all that, can handle that meny tables, and not make a mistake or fall behind when it comes to controlling your stream. All the power to you, but this is the reality of a streamer.

abwil2

abwil2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not trying to crush your Hopes and dreams.... but streaming is tough.... you gotta be able to shuffle through 6-9 tables at a time. To keep things interesting. If you dont, you will be folding hands too much to keep viewers engaged.... to do that you need a twitch switch board so your not dragging and dropping in your stream screen.... cause if you have more then 2 maybe 4 tables up, you have too much going on, and it's hard for viewers to keep track of what you are talking about....

With all that said, you will spend hours and hours, day after day, week after week talking to yourself so there is no "dead air" in your steam.... cause you will need to set your stream on a 3 min delay so people cant cheat....

If your ok with all that, can handle that meny tables, and not make a mistake or fall behind when it comes to controlling your stream. All the power to you, but this is the reality of a streamer.

Yeah ive thought about it but have zero interest in trying to play more then 2 tables. No way to get a read on any players at table playing more then that. More then that and your playing as a bot by playing your cards and not the players and to me poker is players with cards not cards and then there are players.

JBGoode

JBGoode

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah ive thought about it but have zero interest in trying to play more then 2 tables. No way to get a read on any players at table playing more then that. More then that and your playing as a bot by playing your cards and not the players and to me poker is players with cards not cards and then there are players.
Being able to multitable isnt about "playing like a bot". Its about having a deeper understanding of the game. Thes high end streamers they are able to hold conversations, talk out hands, and interact with thier viewer base. All while playing 8-10 tables, and managing to flip thier OBS among those tables....

They do this with soild fundamentals, and pin point bet sizing. Yea it looks like thier playing like a bot, but they really arent. They have just played so much, and have a deeper understanding of the game to a point it becomes second nature. They never get into spots where they are stuck, they know exsactly what to do in almost every situation. If they didnt they get behind. That is called having soild fundamentals. Without them you are constantly acting and reacting based off a feeling backed by a small amount of logic.....

While all good poker players play with 90% logic, and only have to based a action based off Vils tendancies 10% of the time....

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Set a goal. For example: "I want to go to the next limit for the month." And in your flows all your steps to achieve the goal are highlighted. It motivates you, and it will be interesting to the audience.

R

Riversalmon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anything is possible man, start a stream and interact with the chat. Get people coming back with giveaways and raw skill. You got this!!

M

mainecun

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you become a streamer make sure to delay broadcast by a minute or two so that there aren't any cheaters in your lobby. You Don't want 2nd place at best every time.

4nocreativity

4nocreativity

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would love to hear you play and think out loud what your doing and why your doing it.