Short deck (six plus holdem)

I

iskander_m

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you think about short deck poker? Have you played it?

Last edited:
N

Northnorth123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
anyone remember when this was called royal holdem on ftp and everyone laughed at it, imagine durrrr on it then/now...

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I love it - but unfortunately ACR did away with it.

Lots of action!

I look forward to playing a live Short Deck Tournament when things get back to normal.

Should be fun!

M

Majari_

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Short deck is really fun to play as you get a lot more playable hands. I've played short deck in GGpoker, make sure you read out the room rules as hand ranking is not same in every room.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like the game but NL plays like Omaha NL. Too maniac. Would play if there is limit or PL short deck

D

digdug0037

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have played it but totally forgot about it until I seen this post. Very much enjoyed playing it.

D

dlam

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I hate this game. It’s based on so much luck and not skill. Much like Omaha. You have to know the math involved and it’s so much harder to bluff cause everyone has a piece of the flop

D

DS3

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Short Deck and Royal (A to 10 cards only I believe) can be good fun to play but not in a serious context, for me.

Short deck got traction because rich Asian players thought it levelled the game when playing with pros.

As others have said, it is an all out gamble fest and yeah, it does remind me of the way PLO/Omaha has devolved in recent years - little more than another gamble fest. If that's your thing...

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I've only played it once. 56th out of 70 in the Cardschat 2020 Decathlon. Did nothing to ring my bell.

I went on to finish 3rd in that series and the 6+ Holdem was my worst result. As a result, I'm unlikely to play it again, unless it's part of a special series here on Cardschat again.

akgross

akgross

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hold'em 6+ is a good form of poker. When you are in the mood for a hand, then you understand the strength of your hand preflop and postflop. Here you always need to be ready to play the entire stack.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah. Not really much interest in it from me. Way to wide open. Just the nature of that particular brand of poker but I don’t care for it. I have played a few times live.

Z

Stay Safe

Live Dealer Holdem - Texas Holdem Poker Rules