Setting up private tables and tournaments

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know there's a cardschat private table - can anyone post details they know about sites where you can set up your own tables and tournaments?

I was looking at 32red, where you can set up freerolls (which they charge you to set up), and cash ring games, SnGs and MTTs. I may have a use for them at some point...

The problem I'm facing is that I've got some stock that I want to set up either a SnG or a MTT with a poker chip set as the prize, rather than money, but on 32red you can't control the payout structure on the MTT, or deduct money for other prizes, and on the SnGs you can make the payout be 100% to the winniner, but it's cash, rather than being able to set the money to be diverted to pay for the prize.
I could just say that if you enter and win an SnG, then send the prize money to my account, but that's pretty klunky, so I was wondering if anyone knew of a site where you could set up tournaments with custom prizes like this?

Nick

Nick

CC
Administrator
Total posts
Chips
Answer: None. Believe me I've tried. Best bet is to contact a site personally to ask them.

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the response, Nick. I've had a look through Pacific, Paradise, 32red, Tropical, Inter, UltimateBet, Bugsys and more and had been coming to that conclusion. It's a shame, because it wouldn't be so hard - basically the format in the 32red SnG creation (100% to the winner) would be suitable, it just needs the money transferred elsewhere, so it's not as if it would require a lot of effort to add that functionality from there.
Since poker.com is smaller and runs proprietary software rather than licencing it, I'm currently guessing that since they already allow table creation, that adding this kind of table may be most viable on there, but I'll let people know if I can work something out, so others like Nick who may want to do it can set theirs up too.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can set up a MTT tournament at pokertime.com but you can't create the payout structure and there has to be a buy-in.

starfall

starfall

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, 32red and the other Prima sites you can set up cash games (and set the stakes), SitnGos (and there are a couple of options on the payout structure - i.e. winner takes all or 50/30/20 split), and you can set up MTTs, but you get charged if you want to set up a Freeroll ($10 or more), and can't control the payout structure.
Poker.com suggest if you run a poker night or the like to email their marketing department to see about setting up special tournaments, so I've contacted them to see if they are able and willing to help me set up a tournament with a non-cash prize...
If none of them actually do it, then to me it's screaming for someone setting up a site (preferably a skin of something like Prima) where they specifically help you to set up this kind of tournament - I could easily see people doing $20-40 entries for an MTT with a car to be won, and having a way to set up charity tournaments which take a %age of the prize pool out for a charitable donation, to encourage charities to consider such alternative fundraising opportunities.