Selected Variance

bianconi_10

bianconi_10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How to deal with the selected table variance? On some days it is not possible for you to win. How to dribble this? Do you think this happens in specific cases? Or does it happen in a certain number of games, not being able to skip those "days"?

Alex70793

Alex70793

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is impossible to calculate the days when you will win or lose in online poker. You can play every day in a mathematically and logically correct poker and chances you will always win. There will be more winning days than losing.

F

feisas7991

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The higher your winrate is, less losing days you will have. There is somewhere mtt variance calc, that shows basically even if you are top reg averaging 40% ROI/game you can still end up break even over 500/1k games etc. (you can play with it if you google "poker variance calculator'"). Secondly you have to have a good bankroll management, in case you go for prolonged downswing, which is unavoidable even for best regs. Lastly and perhaps most importantly, as Alex said, focus on your game rather than on external factors, which cannot be changed. Playing your game every time, will bring by far the most money into your pocket. GL

dzemer

dzemer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Everything depends on what type of game you play.
If it is regular tournament or two at once and they last long and you take place that recover buy-in + more, than you can say that is good day.
But if you play only cash games, hyper-turbo tournaments, s&g or spin&go's every day than you will always have bad or good day but never only good.

K

KALUGAJ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
SK
Chips
Well at me it is about 4 weak days and 2 well, but I sometimes have a super bad day and I will not show off this day off the table...​