scholars tournament - this hand was a fold?

micalupagoo

micalupagoo

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would not have called 25bb with that, but if I knew the villain liked shoving garbage I’d probably call, especially HU. Was just unlucky he hit the 8, you’d double up most times against this player.

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling shoves is not always a justified risk, especially with short stacks at the table. After all, this can lead to such bad beats.

thedarkman

thedarkman

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Calling shoves is not always a justified risk, especially with short stacks at the table. After all, this can lead to such bad beats.

Agreed. It was sad to be outdrawn but you should have given him credit for a better hand and wait it out. You should have finished at least one place higher.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Hard to call here but if the guys a total lunatic it could be understandable. I hate to fold it and unless i had a read would have possible called .

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if the opponent has a much smaller effective stack. it's not a bad call i think

A

alien666dj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Agreed. It was sad to be outdrawn but you should have given him credit for a better hand and wait it out. You should have finished at least one place higher.

Recklessness is the lot of fools. Poker for people who love and want to think with their heads.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands Folding in Poker