same hand again!!!

gordo30

gordo30

Rock Star
at a $10 sit&go on paradise i had just started and hit 4c/6c which i folded no prob there,next hand again came 4c/6c i was surprised but it had happened before so just folded as usual.well when the next hand came and it was 4c/6c i thought paradise was trying to tell me something so i seen a 60 chip raise to see the flop which was Ad/4d/6s once again after a chuckle to myself i slow played the hand and seen a 100 chip bet.the turn came Kh and the guy bet 250 after which i went all in and he called and showed Kd/Qd the river hit 2d and i was gone.

i guess paradise was trying to tell me something along the lines of your a sucker m8.

t1riel

t1riel

Legend
I wouldn't have slow played two pair. especially with a flush possibility on the board. I would have raised a good amount after the flop. Who knows if the other player would have chased the flush or not but I would have raised after the flop. If the other player called it, I would raise it on the turn as well.

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
Aaargh - slow playing 2 pair - the poker gods never let you get away with that do they, but it's just so tempting!

odds of being dealt same 3 starting hand = 7 million to 1.

tenbob

tenbob

Legend
Awards
Got the same hand last night at the same time on out sit and go at pokertime and at stars. It was [Qh] [10h], and both hands flopped top pair !

Dennis C

Dennis C

robwhufc said:
Aaargh - slow playing 2 pair - the poker gods never let you get away with that do they, but it's just so tempting!
I'm realy courious now. Is slow playing two pair a bad idea? To answer the original thread. I find myself getting same cards back to back quite a bit.I will usualy play the cards the second time in a row, reguardless of what I did the first time.

gordo30

gordo30

Rock Star
i think its one of those that sometimes you win sometimes you lose situations but yeh should have bet it large.

Rockbuster

Rockbuster

Rock Star
too many times i have seen a runner runner come so a very strong bet on 2 pr flop is a must make em pay to draw...............rock

robwhufc

robwhufc

Cardschat Elite
brianna c said:
I'm realy courious now. Is slow playing two pair a bad idea? To answer the original thread. I find myself getting same cards back to back quite a bit.I will usualy play the cards the second time in a row, reguardless of what I did the first time.
If i slow-play 2 pair, I always ALWAYS get outdrawn. Absolutely always.
2 pair ranks below 3 of a kind, and if you let 3 or 4 people stay in hand one will hit (or hit runner runner straight etc).

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands