Rude players in chat

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I generally have chat turned on but blocks chat with players who are vulgar and use trash talking.

A

AJantwan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I see zero reason to ever participate in chat. It's almost never entertaining. And it might get you on tilt. I always mute chat.

I suppose you could try to use it to get others on tilt. But unless that's your goal, why chat at all? Just mute it all.

Inequitas

Inequitas

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just used to distract your game. Close chat or ignore them. Don't respond. It's great to knock them out of a game.:elefant:

I Totally Agree, don't let them distract you from the Game... I normally "Lol" them a few times and step out of paying in, some times the timing of their out bursts coincide with them having the nuts and they're increasing the likely hood of getting chips thrown at them in a bid to push them out lol

If it gets too much just switch to Stats Box lol until you know they've given up or are on down swing...

A

abyk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Best thing to do is to ignore them. I play on 888 poker and for the most part, people don't talk.

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everybody.

Was today playing fifty50 on pakerstars
And there was one guy who all the time was talking crap and was mean to all players was calling everyone c**t and thinks like that. Was good feeling when I kicked him out in 6th place :D
For first time of my life I was reported somebody to moderator.
What you would do? Would you do same what I did?

I've got chat tab open only during CC games, chat is turned off as bubbles at the table, dealer chat and announcements are also turned off, during all tourneys I've got only infor tab open.

Well, regarding your report - I think it depends on the traditions in your country.
In my country we think really bad about those who report anything. Rat is the softest word used here for such persons.But on other countries it's normal to call police when you see that your neighbors have invited guests, and these guests are people that you don't know...

Personally, I simply never pay attention to the chat, and have no problems about it at all.
And you know... if someone is disturbing you using chat, you can simply click right button and select "Block Chat" option, instead of listening to any BS.

VIP_TARIFF

VIP_TARIFF

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody.

And there was one guy who all the time was talking crap and was mean to all players was calling everyone c**t and thinks like that. Was good feeling when I kicked him out in 6th place :D
Did the right thing with shit and should do so. This is not a guy, but a non-human. I don’t like poker players at all.

S

sergo1203

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to ignore it, do not pay attention. it does not take me out of myself.

X

xy23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello everybody.

lol aren't you setting yourself up for tilt sooner or later though? I mean I usually have players chat turned off and have my box showing tournament info rather then chat.

S

SubZero111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Crazy stuff

I have seen some pretty nasty messages in online poker. And at times I have been the target. Inlive poker such a thing is rare, but it happens there too. I like the block chat option.

VITOS

VITOS

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The player who begins to scold stupid opponents or accuse the poker room of fraud, can safely write on his forehead in large letters:"I'm tiling." Such players are unpleasant rivals, but they are your main goal in any game, even more tasty than multi-tablers. You always need to play against the players in Tilta, the main thing is to make sure that you do not do it with weak hands, because it can calm them down and help to recover. You can start chatting them up. Such opponents almost always think that they play much better than they really are. At the same time, they play much worse when they lose than when they win. Talkers bring a lot of income, so they need to be valued. To a large extent, winning poker is about beating people who behave stupidly. So chatterboxes are your number one target.

xOneCoolHandx

xOneCoolHandx

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello everybody.

I'm glad you reported him. I have done the same once in a while when someone is rude and using a lot of demeaning or foul language. Personally, I like to get chats going doing games, I think it gives you more insight into the people you are playing but it also makes the game more enjoyable. If someone is making an ass of themselves, I normally do say something to try and get them to settle down. It sometimes works and sometimes just makes them more hostile. But I do see some people who use this as a strategy...they get everyone itching to shut them up and wait for strong hands...but I see others who just want to have critical remarks to maybe tone down everyone else's game while they play loose themselves.

If it really does throw you off your game, then you can always turn off chat, some sites will let you just block specific players...that's a great feature. But, like I said before, don't feel bad for reporting someone who is being that rude and foul. I think that is a better move than just ignoring that person because if no one stands up for what is right and decent, then the abuser will keep right on doing it.

👍

Gaviria8

Gaviria8

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's so bad you can't talk in the table because sensitive people, if you don't want to hear them just mute or ignore if you're playing livepoker.

Transcendence

Transcendence

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still, it takes up to remove the chat from the game, you simply tune in and you are even knocked out friendly when you become friends then knock out a player, this is not very ice, so it’s better not to talk during the game if you need to drop wats up or Skype and talk after, but nick games, because during the game you are not friends, you are rivals!

darthjewel

darthjewel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I do not use chat and as I play multitables where is simply no time to pay attention what others are going to write and why that is supposed to be relevant to the game.
However ocassionally I play play money and then engage into chatting.

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I really don't care and ignore what the players write on the chat. Some times, seldom, I chat, you know, exchanging good words with the players. One time, long ago, I report one case of hard discrimination phrases. But, still, the right thing to do at a serious poker table is disable the chat.
[]'s

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ran into one of these at ACR yesterday, beat him in a big pot, calls me a cu**
so I say Love you too then he says hope you die in hot grease.....lololol
So funny :)

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Against a random player in a random table I don't think that you should pay attention or take anything personal because tables are full of those losers. But in games like CC freerolls I try to pay attention to the chat in order to keep having that healthy competition , have fun and make some money.

I am the reason for the permanent bans/penalization of some non polite CC members by reporting them and I am happy because this is a way to contribute to forum's operation. I respect every person and I demand the same attitude from the other CCers.

B

beavis22

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
the only thing i will say to a bad player is hee haw or something like that.Some people get really mean, which makes me laugh.It feels good to clean out a rude player.

M

maxboy44

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rude players in chat

When I get this, after beating some in a hand, I always give a polite reply,. e.g. "nice", "have a good day". They may be too thick to understand the sarcasm, but I try.

Maikl113

Maikl113

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course it is necessary to ignore rude players, better course, if rumah is like that tracked and blocked the opportunity to write these players in chat.