Robots in poker, myth or reality

B

bakang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There are some sites that use there own algoriggem, imo. 1 site I won't name, let's call it Cheat on Line, doesn't reward the best starting hand in the percentages that poker books would suggest. They track people who play tight, then give them hands such as QQ, so they can lose to K2. How much do they pay forums to promote their free games? I would bet, a lot, and people get turned off to the game because off shore sites won't show their WTSD stats on a weekly basis. Effin sukx, imo

Ilgiz

Ilgiz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Думаю, что есть боты в покере. У нас сейчас для всего стараются сделать ИИ. Вряд-ли покер оставили без внимания. )))

poxerator78

poxerator78

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
of course bots exist in poker

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I was being facetious. I know how to build a decent bot and I can play chess. Here, you may want to look at this: https://www.quantamagazine.org/mathematician-answers-chess-problem-about-attacking-queens-20210921/

Regarding your poker game, I don't know if we've played at the same table. I play OK poker sometimes...;)

Well it can e difficult to tell as that is the view of quite a number on here despite it has been proven! H|ad a look, not really chess though, chess board and piece but really a maths theory applied but no applied value to chess. I am not big on chess but like some of the films and theory and wonder if it would improve my forward thinking an strategy in poker if I picked it up. But it is time consuming and there is so much poker theory and problem solvers for poker to target.

Not sure either if played together, I do dabble in CC games. Mostly play $11-109 games.

GL :)

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Well it can e difficult to tell as that is the view of quite a number on here despite it has been proven! H|ad a look, not really chess though, chess board and piece but really a maths theory applied but no applied value to chess. I am not big on chess but like some of the films and theory and wonder if it would improve my forward thinking an strategy in poker if I picked it up. But it is time consuming and there is so much poker theory and problem solvers for poker to target.

Not sure either if played together, I do dabble in CC games. Mostly play $11-109 games.

GL :)

Play poker if you want to learn poker and similarly for chess. I strongly recommend that you play the CC games. I have an account with most if not all the sites where CC games are hosted..about ten but I don't have the free time presently to play them. I can give you at least twenty names of players who are regulars on different sites and each will give you a run for your money. GL!

YenRodriguez

YenRodriguez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I've heard this for a long time, I still don't think I've crossed my path with one.
In some tournaments there are players with a winning streak and they make me doubt, but after a while I see that they are eliminated.
Of course, this does not indicate that they are not found on online gambling sites.

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would agree with previous posts that sites are working to eliminate BOT. The site had a new detection tool and analyze stats. However, the bot user changes implementation to avoid detection.

Viper ChipIt

Viper ChipIt

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's no myth, there are tons of winning poker bots. The ones available to buy online won't win they will break even at best. The ones that are winning are privately developed and usually just run gto Strat, which will be a steady winner. But remember if you don't adjust to exploit your opponents your leaving money on the table. However as these gto bots can't be exploited you definitely need to avoid them.

Herkstwin

Herkstwin

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Online poker sites are ripe for cheats who would try to scam us. Reputable sites have teams that watch for bots and take the necessary steps to remove them and punish the account holders.
BlackRain79 is a pro who plays on pokerstars - up to 24 games at a time. Search for him and read what he has to say about it.

4ygynOK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that AI will not enter our lives anytime soon. In chess, the computer has outplayed a person a long time ago; in GO, it has outplayed. But poker is not only math, it is bluff, luck and much more.

DPo320

DPo320

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think there is a possibility of it being a thing, but even still that wouldn't mean that you can't win.