Robots in poker, myth or reality

B

betang

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I really do not know. I really believe there are a lot of proofs and people making sure there are no robs. In the other hand, there are so many people which know a lot about technology and could easily make a robot.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I know at least 5 sites where bots can be downloaded.

P

plusssev

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Of course they are exist. Especially in rooms without any hud. In party poker they are so much.

J

jeanverdao82

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
É uma pena que tenha robôs em salas de pôquer

C

chriszeira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Myth

It's truly a myth generated by an audience that doesn't know the slightest bit of negative buoyancy that the game can have. This can generate negative media even for the platform. There are only results calculators to aid in your strategy.:eek:

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
There is one thing about robots, they can not avoid the "luck" factor, nor your outs count.

C

Cjgarvyite_7

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Where their is shit there will be flies

Of course bots are a reality in the gambling world. Thats why i dont spend big bucks playing online poker.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think there out there but not where I like to play, tourneys I think they like cash games,

F

firerain

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are poker bot sold in the market. I believe there are fewer in MTT then cash since number of bot are around break even but putting enough volume to be top or near the top of cash game rakeback leaderboards. I believe most poker rooms are trying to combat these bots. The poker site improves their Bot detection but bot developers\user also improve their stealth capabilities.

Schokk

Schokk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is the same as with forex when it goes online, firstly only people handle all the operations, but now there are a lot of Expert Advisors/ Robots that can do all your work, all that you need to do is just to run them. Seems the same bad thing will happen with poker soon =(

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
There will always be conspiracy theories, and robot's playing Poker, is just another one, Sure it is a possibility, but in all reality do you think that someone is going to take the time and energy to design a program that can beat you playing Poker in a $1.00 Sit and Go?
I doubt that very much, and in all honesty, he would have to run it for thousands of hours just to make a few dollars, and the only way he could do that, he would need a bank of servers big enough to fill a barn, and playing high stake games to make better profits, he would soon be spotted by the top poker sites security software and banned.
If you thought for one minute that a Car dealer was trying to sell you a Lemon instead of the best car on the lot, you would take your business elsewhere, well guess what? You can do the same with on-line Poker sites, If you feel they are rigged or have been taken over by some Scammer running robot software, go somewhere else, it is that simple.
We are not forced into playing on-line Poker, no one is holding a gun to your head, and if you cannot stand the heat get out of the kitchen.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

TirariAchref

TirariAchref

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
TN
Chips
Of course bots existe in poker rooms and they always win xD!!

blackknives

blackknives

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Reality, i'm an IT consultant and i'm not allowed to say which company, but some have reached out to my company and got quotes for the creation of poker bots, to fill in spots including different levels of how they "behave" (e.g. aggressive, conservative) and other logic/rules

R

rodrigonc340

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
is a reality, but I believe that the big renowned poker sites practice this bot mechanism less since they are more targeted by justice in big countries

Plut41

Plut41

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think they exist in games with very limited and strict rules, maybe in 5 cards draw or some random spin n go's flash version when people all in all the time.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
At present, an endless number of applications have been developed, some more sophisticated than others, and more now with the advance of artificial intelligence. the existence of robots that play poker and participate in tournaments will be a reality? or is it just a myth created by scammers.

This can only happen to experience and compare between human and robot intelligence. I hope to see this experience

gambit1983

gambit1983

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
myth. maybe at micro limit games

elchonga

elchonga

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think that as long as there is money involved there will always be traps
I think there are definitely
payment and repayment plays very, very rare
and for something the pages take measures against bots

Dakker67

Dakker67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as money is the main goal for people, they will always come up with a way to get everyone around their fingers. And bots are just a tool for this purpose.:)...

Dakker67

Dakker67

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
but I want to believe that it is not so:cool:

Datdude1

Datdude1

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that when you're dealing with computers you always have the possibility of someone creating a program that can circumvent the system. I don't know for sure if a program like this exists or not but it's highly possible.

hubcio96

hubcio96

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe in two types of "cheats - the boots that plays 10-20 tables at a time - even a small/medium stakes like $20-$50 SNG, you printing money like crazy. Second type is a person playing big entry tournaments, and using a second computer to input hands for the PC to give them optimal GTO strategy. With those programs, you ca even out villain HUD data for optimal plays. It's one of the reasons more platforms (like SWOP) band HUD data (or don't provide HUD data)

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
higher chance is it true maybe not every time but defenitely when in need to use them

gery

gery

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i think that such calls couldn't be made by humans but on the other way nearly everything is possible in poker - you can win with 7 2 or some similar crap