Robots in poker, myth or reality

tipejo767

tipejo767

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At present, an endless number of applications have been developed, some more sophisticated than others, and more now with the advance of artificial intelligence. the existence of robots that play poker and participate in tournaments will be a reality? or is it just a myth created by scammers.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Its reality, there are several proofs.

Generally, are groups of people that in one or another way are making profits based on the use of bots.

I remember one big file of several GBs available at one well known poker forum, i didnt downloaded it, but shared a ton of info about a group of people using bot in various poker websites, (the most known wasnt in the list, but another ones with big number of players and traffic was in the list, and one of the most known too).

I guess is not so hard to code bots and put some servers to work, at the end, where is money always are cheaters and stealers.

Anyway, the rule will be play vs humans, play with a bot will be an exceptional case and poker sites that respect their players are aware of any bot or colusion, no one wants a successfull business turn into a dirty one, so i will not worry, but i have a youtube video when it looks like i was playing with a bot, i will edit this post and add the link if its not against the norms of the forum, just let me know in a reply please.

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its reality, there are several proofs.

Generally, are groups of people that in one or another way are making profits based on the use of bots.

I remember one big file of several GBs available at one well known poker forum, i didnt downloaded it, but shared a ton of info about a group of people using bot in various poker websites, (the most known wasnt in the list, but another ones with big number of players and traffic was in the list, and one of the most known too).

I guess is not so hard to code bots and put some servers to work, at the end, where is money always are cheaters and stealers.

Anyway, the rule will be play vs humans, play with a bot will be an exceptional case and poker sites that respect their players are aware of any bot or colusion, no one wants a successfull business turn into a dirty one, so i will not worry, but i have a youtube video when it looks like i was playing with a bot, i will edit this post and add the link if its not against the norms of the forum, just let me know in a reply please.

I cannot see it being against the forum to raise a flag against suspected bot activity but obviously it is just suspected unless you have compelling evidence which has been shown in some videos. But it's good to know about and bots have been known to operate on some big sites.

wagon596

wagon596

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yep. they're out there for su su su su su sure. ;) :)

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it is a myth created by some platforms so that people stop playing there and go to another.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At present, an endless number of applications have been developed, some more sophisticated than others, and more now with the advance of artificial intelligence. the existence of robots that play poker and participate in tournaments will be a reality? or is it just a myth created by scammers.

Over the years there have definitely been several instance of artificial intelligence / bot software playing online poker. It's just one of the results of online poker being, well, online.

Fortunately as the years have gone on though, the poker sites have become better at catching bots, cracking down, and kicking those players off the site (while also often returning the lost money to the affected players).

Good news though is if you're game selecting well and scoping out your opponents before sitting in then you should be able to avoid them as they won't have the fishy stats that you are on the lookout for! :D

T

TaigaMaster

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
theoretically it is possible

ObbleeXY

ObbleeXY

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Definitely a reality.
I started coding up one with a friend before I realised it was not allowed on JokerStars...so never used it.

It was really just a hand scraper and database, not unlike most huds.
But as we were developing the "recommended action", we realised that this was venturing into BOT territory. (The autofolder also considered BOT activity...so that feature is also gone).

In the end, we stopped the project as the risks were perceived to be too high.

Best way to ID a bot? Start a discussion with them.
Bots typically do not reply or have a very limited set of comments they use...so if they can hold a discussion, they're not a bot.

I think there should be a register of suspected bots so we can ID and avoid them (and report them).

Finally...if I were able to listen to my own advice, I reckon I could play like a bot. Trouble is, I would get bored and break my own rules. So...maybe I'd make a terrible bot, afterall!

Cheers,
ObbleeXY

black and

black and

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think bots (mathematical algorithms) have always existed, exist and will exist. This is a reality that must be accepted and learn to make money in spite of any obstacles.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips

Robots and programs are human-made. The robot or program, if well programmed, can be smarter in terms of speed, such as handing out cards and seats, showing the result, as well as memory capacity, and also "reading body language in live poker" but, human will remain He who made it. Therefore, we will not accept that the opponent is a program or a robot, although the professional player is distinguished by poker skills, trick and treachery. I think very much that the professional player will win;)

J

jesusali1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is not a myth it is a truth, previously I had the idea that it was a lie but in a poker room which I will not mention had many bots which played aggressive and pure bluffing, coming to win many hands, then that is why I saw that if it is true rather than a myth.

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
ACR is asking if I'm a person during tournaments. They want to make sure I'm not a robot.

ADRI7HO

ADRI7HO

On the road...
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, we now have a level of programming that can easily turn an opponent into a bots. Fortunately, I think the sites take this seriously and filter it out as much as possible.

D

donpiatnik

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I have met them several times. Of course it always turns out in retrospect and you don't know who it was, just draw your attention to the fact that it happened and you get some compensation

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it is a myth created by some platforms so that people stop playing there and go to another.

This is not a myth and fairly well documented. This is what have pushed some pople away from sng's into larger mtt's. I believe ACR did a large refund to players because of cheating and believe this was due to bots. There is also some obvious videos of this on you tube where people have highlighted bots where they feel the site has not taken notice.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Is it possible, yes. Is it happening probably at the mid stake levels if at all. The high stakes are to limited and the bots would be notices. Micro stakes are to low to probably recover the cost. While i would not be surprised there out there I do think the issue is over stated.

S

successlaw

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think we can find nowadays some bots..but i think that platform advice them

A

AlbieTross

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Wasn't there a whole scandal with ACR a couple years back about the incessant bots in mini-stakes ring games? Regardless though I find it hard to believe that AI/bots aren't on most poker sites, unless sites have developed some sort of way to prevent these types of technologies from poisoning the game.

aleomar86

aleomar86

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really believe that if there is a minimal possibility that there are robots, it would be at the cash tables, I do not believe that in tournaments, although of course I am not sure that this is the case. If we all believed that, no one would play.

henriquemaduro

henriquemaduro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips

I think its reality, but we have to believe all the companies are trying to catch those robots, because if we don't belive this, makes no sense to play online.

L

LetterRip

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Bots typically do not reply or have a very limited set of comments they use...so if they can hold a discussion, they're not a bot.

Many good regs don't bother with chat, so not very reliable.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Bots typically do not reply

If you'd actually follow this logic then you probably would find more than enough "bots" in this forum alone ...

machinm19

machinm19

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People now call facts myths? poker bots are real, and BANNED from sites, why would they ban something thats a myth? Its like the old POTRIPPER scandal you still get people saying their is no cheating online when its already been proven over and over again, parrotts will say "its variance" even though its been shown how the super users can see peoples hole cards. Its all about balance, once you know its real you can be more careful, if somebody calls you with 9 high it could be skill but for me I'd be moving tables immediately.

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It's seems to be a reality in the online poker world. I, personally, still don't give a sh!t, they're easy to bluff and and so is folding when they bet the ridiculous all-in from the flop w/sets and 2-pr. As far as calling w/9 high hey, that's just poker for gamblers, of whom which are real, as well. I say "yum yum..." :proud:

Maxmustdie

Maxmustdie

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
many bots in bad rooms with no security service
that's why i only love poker stars and 888poker